Just hit the motherload

Don
nope, i was interested in who you thought was more deserving

no need to be so defensive :)

so now you had said who you think doesnt deserve who do you think does?

anyone who hasnt just been given a new house!

couldnt give a toss who i picked homeless randomly, childrens playgrounds, CCTV monitoring i mean anything i couldnt care less but definitely not someone who didnt even complain in the first place. at least ask the question before dropping your trousers ;)

how is a homeless person automatically more deserving than Mr wannabedamned?

more in need != more deserving, to be fair, from all the bloody witchhunting that's gone on in this thread and wbd feeling he needs to justify himself, it's apparent that he's got his head screwed on and he plans on doing something sensible with his money - sounds a damn sight more deserving than some homeless person who, chances are equal that, they put themselves there and are doing nothing but waiting for handouts to get them out of their bind.

I never knocked the OP, infact i said enjoy the money :confused:

Permabanned
No offense, but your mother is rather (metaphorically) short sighted. Where exactly does she think the government get the money from, the big magic money tree or from tax payers pockets?

No, basically she doesn't necessarily agree the government SHOULD be giving all this money away, but acknowledges that when she pays her road tax, the chances of that being spent on repairing roads, is very low! So when the government is being an arse and offering all this money, you would have to be incredibly stupid not to take it, because if you don't someone else will!

Soldato
anyone who hasnt just been given a new house!

he hasnt been given a house though, he will still have to rent it and infact he will be paying more rent than previously

does he not deserve compensation for being uprooted from somwhere he has made his home for the last few years?

Don
he hasnt been given a house though, he will still have to rent it and infact he will be paying more rent than previously

does he not deserve compensation for being uprooted from somwhere he has made his home for the last few years?

sure if it annoys him

but from the way i read his post he was made up at the offer before the 5k was even mentioned

Caporegime
I can imagine that if the opposite happened and he was forced to leave with no compensation, the same lot that are jumping up and down would probably be going on about how disgusting of the council it would be and the like. some of these people have opinions on too many things and sometimes they need to shut up.

Don
I can imagine that if the opposite happened and he was forced to leave with no compensation, the same lot that are jumping up and down would probably be going on about how disgusting of the council it would be and the like. some of these people have opinions on too many things and sometimes they need to shut up.

pot kettle black

I constantly hear from the local council/MP's about how tight budgets are and why certain areas dont qualify for redevelopment etc... yet here is a young lad who gets given 5k without even muttering a word. Had the council actually asked him if he was happy to have a new home I'd dare say he would be elated - the 5k golden handshake is an utterly pathetic waste of money given that the question wasnt actually even asked in the first place.

sure relocation can warrant compensation but can we at least vet things before carrying on regardless?

Last edited:
Permabanned
To give another side to this kind of story, here's my tuppence worth.

Through circumstances that I don't want to go into here, we were put into a council house some years ago, a house that the council agreed was too small for the family. Subsequent visits confirmed this and we were told that we would be given a larger house. After about a year, we enquired again about our move, to be told that we would probably have to wait about 8 years, or move into a housing association house. In the end we were virtually forced out and moved to our current house which, although we love it, is in the middle of nowhere and miles from the nearest shop. We were given no compensation and because this is under a housing assocation, have lost our right to buy. Was this fair? No, but what can you do about it.

Good luck to you and enjoy your new home. I'm sure that you are frustrated that you have wasted money on your current dive, but now you have an end in sight. Don't let any of these whingers spoil your day.

Don
Good luck to you and enjoy your new home. I'm sure that you are frustrated that you have wasted money on your current dive, but now you have an end in sight. Don't let any of these whingers spoil your day.

sorry to hear your story, its a shame councils all have totally different rulesets, ideas and practices.

but

how has he wasted money on rent :confused: - rent isnt an investment

Soldato
How do get to live in a council flat, paying low rates, when you have a full time job?

I thought council housing was for single mothers, bums and people who are unable to work.

Im not saying you any of them, i just dont understand why the council hasnt thrown you out.

Last edited:
Soldato
How do get to live in a council flat, paying low rates, when you have a full time job?

I thought council housing was for single mothers, bums and the like.

Im not saying you either, i just dont understand why the council hasnt thrown you out.

council housing is for everyone, although many people would rather not live on an estate as they are usually quite ****

Soldato
Well, from experience from when i was young, a lot of people who live in council property won't get off their arses to go to work, claim housing benefit and council tax gets paid for them, they scam their incapacity benefit because they can't ba arsed to go out and get a job as they'd be 'worse off', which in some cases is true.

Now ask yourself, who would you rather your taxes went to?, the family above, or wannabedamned?, i know who i'd choose.

Hxc

Hxc

Soldato
I don't really understand why he should be getting £5000 either, that's a bit of a sham really. I can't complain at the guy for taking it though, I certainly would if I offered it.

Soldato
Also, £20k isn't a lot and is hard to live on as a single person, even in rented accomodation, to get anywhere even half decent (even up north where it's apparently cheaper), you're looking at £450/month rent, then £100 / month council tax, then gas / electric at about £50/month, water rates, food shopping, your talking £900 / month out of the £1100 he probably picks up after tax, then as he works, he probably needs to run a car, or pay for public transport at maybe £100 / month, which does not leave much to live on. - Doable i agree but not comfortable.

Soldato
I don't really understand why he should be getting £5000 either, that's a bit of a sham really. I can't complain at the guy for taking it though, I certainly would if I offered it.

BEcause hes being his kicked out of his house? when he doesnt intend on moving.

Back
Top Bottom