Just hit the motherload

Soldato
great if you have a case for needing it then by all means ask for it, but to offer 5k just for ****'s and giggles is a waste of indirectly my money. The OP doesnt need it - nor has he ever said otherwise.

The financial controllers of the council here could direct that cash into much more worthy causes like educating students on economic values and simple business principles :p

no offence but as a student you havent really felt the pain of having to hand over 40% of your salary, once you do maybe you could and would appreciate the mild annoyance it causes to see your hard earned cash just frittered away.

So becuase you think im a student you dont think i pay out, number one: i earn money enough aswell and i have to pay agency fees from this income that i earn...so i know what its like to give away my hard earned cash thankyou. Number two: why would you think i dont have to pay out because im a student?

Soldato
I'll let you speculate ;)

Chavs live in council houses because they can get discounted rent. Most people won't want to live in council houses because of said neighbours. The OP obviously can't/couldn't afford his own place so moved in there.

I simply don't understand why people are bitching about him in a council house. He's stated he pays full rent and council tax (therefore I don't see him getting any handouts whatsoever as a result). He earns a fair wage so isn't a 'sponger', he just wants to live somewhere cheap while he saves up to buy his own place.

As for the £5k, maybe it's to help cover the increase in rent, bills etc ?

Get your heads out of your arses guys, Christ.

"chavs" are not the only people that live in council properties, and to be honest i think that comment you have made is just dam right rude!

i know a few people that live or have lived in council property, and i deal with people who live there in my line of work! there are a lot of people who are not as fortunate as others. Some people have no choice but to ask for help from the council and are given discounted rates and a roof over there head. Not everyone loves living in them, but some have to!

I have read your post as something that targets / calls all people in council property chavs. sorry if this is not what you ment, but it comes across like that!

Soldato
"chavs" are not the only people that live in council properties, and to be honest i think that comment you have made is just dam right rude!

i know a few people that live or have lived in council property, and i deal with people who live there in my line of work! there are a lot of people who are not as fortunate as others. Some people have no choice but to ask for help from the council and are given discounted rates and a roof over there head. Not everyone loves living in them, but some have to!

I have read your post as something that targets / calls all people in council property chavs. sorry if this is not what you ment, but it comes across like that!
Apologies, but no it wasn't meant like that. It was more a response to other people in this thread not understanding that normal people can live in council houses, thinking that only chavs do live in them.

I know not only chavs live in them, else I wouldn't be sticking up for the OP :D

Soldato
Good luck and nice one.

The way I see it; you have no problem in "moving", so it's all good. I can imagine for others, it may be a lot of hassle and they may feel £5k isn't enough. Guess you are fortunate in that sense.

The only bad thing is that maybe other people may need the money more than you, but I'd be taking it if I were in your shoes.

Don
I'll let you speculate ;)

Chavs live in council houses because they can get discounted rent. Most people won't want to live in council houses because of said neighbours. The OP obviously can't/couldn't afford his own place so moved in there.

I simply don't understand why people are bitching about him in a council house. He's stated he pays full rent and council tax (therefore I don't see him getting any handouts whatsoever as a result). He earns a fair wage so isn't a 'sponger', he just wants to live somewhere cheap while he saves up to buy his own place.

As for the £5k, maybe it's to help cover the increase in rent, bills etc ?

Get your heads out of your arses guys, Christ.

I never knocked him for living in a council house, and i never would. I never said he didnt work and i never knocked his situation.

I knocked the council for throwing money away needlessly, your comments about rent and bills are waylaid in the original post thanks to the green heating and new GCH.

I mean come on do you honestly think with a thread entitled "Just hit the motherload" that the OP is in a bit of a tight spot here..... lol

to coin a phrase there are lot of tosssers here - not aimed at you of course ;)

Soldato
Apologies, but no it wasn't meant like that. It was more a response to other people in this thread not understanding that normal people can live in council houses, thinking that only chavs do live in them.

I know not only chavs live in them, else I wouldn't be sticking up for the OP :D

thats ok then. lol

it just seemed as if you where saying that council property is full of wasters etc

glad we cleared that up.....

continue..... hehe

Soldato
We lived in a council flat for a couple of years; nice neighbourhood, was only a block with 8 flats with everything else privately-owned or bought ex-council houses. A few chavs, not necessarily from the flats; one of the much better areas I guess.

Soldato
I'm happy for you pal; nice to hear a bit of good news rather than the usual ****.

Ask these people to try to get council accommodation and let them see what hoops you have to go through first, especially if single ( I know you weren't when you took it on ).

Good luck and do exactly what you said; save the compo and put it down as a deposit later.

Kind regards.

Don
So becuase you think im a student you dont think i pay out, number one: i earn money enough aswell and i have to pay agency fees from this income that i earn...so i know what its like to give away my hard earned cash thankyou. Number two: why would you think i dont have to pay out because im a student?

you dont pay tax and you dont pay council tax

simple as that

I'm not knocking you for being a student I'm merely pointing out as the moment you are blessed (as i was for a few years), when you have to head out into the big wide world and buy a house, car, russian bride etc.. you will find that losing 40% of your salary every month smites a little bit, so you kind of hope that its invested wisely not just given away to any tom dick or harry for zero reason. :)

Soldato

simple as that

I'm not knocking you for being a student I'm merely pointing out as the moment you are blessed (as i was for a few years), when you have to head out into the big wide world and buy a house, car, russian bride etc.. you will find that losing 40% of your salary every month smites a little bit, so you kind of hope that its invested wisely not just given away to any tom dick or harry for zero reason. :)

I PAY TAX, WHAT DONT YOU UNDERSTAND. IM IN THE ENTERTAINMENT INDUSTRY YOU THINK I CAN AVOID IT?

Soldato
this thread really makes me laugh, now dont take me too seriously but...

we have someone who pays full rent, council tax , paye, and NI whos life is going to be disrupted by being forced out of his home and so is being given some cash as compensation and the council is being slated for giving anything to people like the op who works etc as they "dont deserve it" and should be given to "more needy" people

then in another thread all i read about is scroungers living on benefits etc etc and how they should get nothing and get to work blah blah blah

:)

Soldato

simple as that

not thai bride??

:p

Soldato
you dont pay tax in the first place, you have a tax exemption code, you also get an HC2 certificate for all prescription drugs and a council tax exemption deal too. I dont berate students for that nor will I :)

ah thats what i thought.

neoni are you not a student then. you lot confuse me far to easy :(

Back
Top Bottom