PES 2009

Soldato
i have a strange problem the game run flawless but replays are playbacked stupidly fast and and when a replay is shown the screen goes black/ blank and refreshes back to game like it trying to find monitor signal?

Associate
I'm finding a speed issue with the game.

When it is slow paced, I enjoy the game but i've noticed sometimes it is fast paced and i've no idea why.

When it is fast paced, the game is horrific and unplayable, especially in the legend mode. Anyone else noticed this ?

Legend mode is still crashing after reinstalling the game ...

How on earth did Konami not find these issues when testing the game.

Priase the lord for piracy.

I won't bother copying this before sending it back :D

Associate
i have a strange problem the game run flawless but replays are playbacked stupidly fast and and when a replay is shown the screen goes black/ blank and refreshes back to game like it trying to find monitor signal?

Have you turned on 'use frame skipping' in the settings.

I get the fast replays only when it is unchecked.

Associate
Oh wow, i'm starting to regret having ordered the game, it should arrive later today or Monday. =/

So do those of you who have bought the game, regret doing so?

Associate
The Be a Legend mode is so hard. I've scored once in about 8-10 games let alone get any assists. My stats are increasing but very slowly. Might stick it out and see how far I can go although I've heard theres major crashing issues on that mode, but so far I've had none

Oh wow, i'm starting to regret having ordered the game, it should arrive later today or Monday. =/

Its the best footy game on the PC format and wouldn't regret it unless there was otherwise. Its definitely better than last year but I wouldn't pay 35-40 quid for it on the consoles especially when you've got the better option of fifa. Saying that Football manager is coming along soon

Last edited:
Associate

Yup, been playing it 3 days now and i'm gonna sell it. It's awful.

Posted my comments over at Pesfan last night:

Wow, really can't believe quite how bad the game is. Never thought i'd end up taking a PES game back for a refund, but i'm seriously thinking of doing that tomorrow.

FIFA is so much better on every level now. :undecide: It has it's faults, and some really annoying ones at that. But having spent the last 3 days playing PES, FIFA's faults are nothing compared to the lack of control in PES.

- Player switching is somehow worse than it's ever been. FIFA's ain't great, but at least you can flick the right stick to quickly change cursor if it does pick the wrong player.
- passing is so poor now, with the ball frequently going to completely the wrong player. Or through balls going at the most ridiculous angles when a simple ball would have put you through on goal.
- I've seen a red card for my team or the COM in pretty much every other game so far, even though there's hardly been a bad tackle.
- Goalkeepers are woeful. Parrying the ball to the opposition, standing watching the ball roll past them I even managed to just pass the ball through the keepers legs while he did the splits to let it trundle in at the near post - the worst thing being i wasn't even shooting, i was trying to pass accross the 6 yard box to my unmarked striker.
- Players constantly refuse to react to a loose ball, or are stunned for a second after a minor collision. Meanwhile, the COM team are completely unaffected.They also run past the ball, or don't react to intercept as a pass goes right in front of them.
- Seems that often i'll play a through pass behind the defense, only for my striker to refuse to run for a brief period allowing the defenders to easily catch him.
- After playing FIFA, not being able to make a player make a run off the ball in PES feels so limiting. The fact i can only make a player run on by pressing R2 after a pass or playing a 1-2 seems so last gen. You're completely reliant on the AI of your team mates not making retarded runs, which unfortunately it does continuosly.
- The presentation is so so poor compared to FIFA. From the menus, to the music, to the crowd noise, to the commentary. All so badly done, and put to shame by much of what i see in the modding community every year. The only decent things are the faces and player models - though they are let down by the ps2 animation sequences they continue to rehash.
- It's way too fast and far too easy.

I could list so many other things that make the game a sorry mess, but tbh i can't be bothered. Oh, how i long for the days of PES5 on the ps2, when PES required skill and i could happily play it all year long.

Just for reference - when i refer to FIFA i'm talking about the 360 version. I hear it's also rubbish on PC, so guess there's no decent footie game on PC again this year.

Associate
On the pesfan site, people are having trouble with the legend mode crashing.

The funny thing is, people are saying Konami are aware of the problem and are going to rlease a patch a.s.a.p. ...

I didn't realise we would be the beta testers. :o

Medley, as I said earlier, I find the legend mode tough when the game for whatever reason is fast paced and unplayable. Believe it or not it affects the cpu a.i. of your teamates and it really is horrific. When the game is slow paced as it should be, the game is fine and playable.

How are you finding the pace of the game ?

Soldato
Are you being serious or sarcastic?

im being deadly serious.
I tried this year before I bought and as a result didnt pay out £20 odd for a piece of crap that isnt even finished.
Game already uninstalled.
Ill stick at 08 until later in year to see if its actually been patched adequately or iv bought a 360 and fifa.

Minus the bugs...Pes 2009 is the best footie game on the PC.

minus the radioactive waste nuclear power is the safest and cleanest energy source we have.

Doesnt really work does it?

Last edited:
Soldato
Im not finding any problems with it personally. Legend mode hasnt crashed on me once and im not getting an computer controlled players as subs.

Although the legends mode is very hard, I like the other persona score very few goals but its still fun. Yet to make the bench but am playing for westham, or west london whatever they are called.

All in all I am enjoying it at the moment. Yet to play online though, that will be the big hit or miss for this game.

C64

C64

Soldato
Anyone that wants to sell their copy I'll take it off you Via the memebers market if you like.
but It cant be registered online or konami Id created with cd key.

Associate
Never mind all the nay-sayers who seemingly love to come out the woodwork & make stuff up for each PES/FIFA release depending on what mood they're in.
And never mind the folks saying it's so easy to score, when all they play is Barcelona/Manure/Chelski.

For someone who's played and enjoyed previous PES games, this game is the best yet. Legend mode is the most fun I've had playing footy on the PC and hasn't crashed - and I'm in my 3rd season.

It's an amazing game, and I'm amazed by all the doomcryers, or is that just cryers, screaming about how it's not the game for them. Shame that like.

Soldato
Yeh, its greyed out on my lappy as well which is annoying because the tearing ****es me off! :(

I have an ATI x800 graphics card and in the settings vsync mode is greyed out. Anyway I can fix the screen tearing? :(

If the monitor's refresh rate is below 60 it gets grey'd out. I had the same issue, bumped it up to 60 and i can set vsync now..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom