Advice for cooling S478 P4 3Ghz

Associate
OK I know were far from cutting edge here, but I'd like some advice on what cpu cooler you would go for on an old Asus P4P800 Deluxe (865PE Chipset I think) and a Northwood P4 3Ghz (may upgrade to 3.4 if i find a cheap one).
My Case is an Antec SX1030

2pt5gmx.jpg

as you can see i have a fair bit of room inside (once i tidy the damm thing up) I have bought some quiet 80mm fans for the case itself but would like to change the stock Intel fan with something a bit quieter, right now I'm not going to bother with O/C with it.

So I'd welcome any advice you cam give, except buy a new rig
:D

All1

Soldato
I'm still running a P4 3.4 and a P4 3.2 one has a Thermalright XP-120 and the other a Scythe Shuriken if you can find the thermalright it's a great heatsink but hard to find these day

Associate
OP
OK thanks for the replies guys gives me something to go on must admit i like the look of the Zalman CNPS9500A, seems like a nice simple job and the reviews seem good from what i have read so far, once again thanks for the replies folks

All1

Soldato
I used to have the same mobo and CPU before my various upgrades, I used to have a Thermalright SLK-900U (or somthing like that) all copper cooler which bolted through the mobo with a 92mm fan on top, used to keep the CPU cool and quiet.

Last edited:
My old computer is an Intel Pentium 4 3.4Ghz Presscott with the same (or at least a simular) motherboard (ASUS P4PE800 Delux) and I use the Zalman CNPS7000A-ALCU on mine, so the CNPS7500-ALCU would be a good choice for you, I'd recommend it.

Back
Top Bottom