Which image to enter for competition (no judges!!)

GeX

GeX

Soldato
Had a couple of ideas for this one, and have had a go at shooting them quite early on this time. Which idea do you think works best?

1>
survival.jpg

or one from this set?

2>
DSC_5175-Edit.jpg

3>
DSC_5183-Edit.jpg

4>
DSC_5133-Edit.jpg

5>
DSC_5194-Edit.jpg

?

Plus a pair of bonus images that i quited like (not on theme though!)

6>
DSC_5167-Edit.jpg

7>
DSC_5159-Edit.jpg

GeX

GeX

Soldato
OP
i agree about number 3.. i was cursing myself when i saw i'd missed with the focus. i wanted water below as well BUT its hard to have someone hanging off a burnt out pier when the tide is in, i was weary someone would see us 'stranded' and call out the coast gaurd to rescue us.

erm, number 7 is me... and i'm not a girl!

GeX

GeX

Soldato
OP
Sorry, my bad. That just proves my point about not being able to see it clearly....... ;)

i did say they weren't on theme for the competition though.. :p

5 is the only one that really could stand a chance I think.

hmm you reckon.. :(

back to the drawing board methinks, i wonder if i spoke to the coast guard first they'd agree not to rescue us from the pier when the tide came in!

cheers for the feedback everyone

Associate
Had a couple of ideas for this one, and have had a go at shooting them quite early on this time. Which idea do you think works best?

Ah. The old pier down at Lytham St Annes.

My instinct would be 3.

But look again at the picture in the way that the judges will be considering it.

1) Impact. Plenty of that.

2) Technical. Mixed. Focus on the hand with the face OOF will get good marks but I think that the sharpest focus should be on the finger tips, not the glove.

3) Theme. A bit weak, in all of them, in my opinion.

I'm not happy with my entry either...

Andrew

Back
Top Bottom