• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Far Cry 2 PC VGA Graphics performance review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
I think this is correct section and not Game section, anyhow I aint started to read it yet so know nothing about results.

Its a lot to put here so I will as usual put the Conclusion in and you can read the rest.

EDIT : I was going to throw in on the end of a FarCry 2 thread but what if a peep has read that thread and is bored with it, they wont visit it again.

They will however see this as soon as they look at main forum page, This review/info is not a dupe.
;)

QUOTED :

" Final words
We feel that Far Cry 2 is a pretty kickass game. Though we haven't had the time to play it to its full extent, we loved the graphics and gameplay itself, pretty much any somewhat modern PC will allow you to play the game, even with high image quality settings enabled. Though both ATI's hotfix drivers and NVIDIA's Beta driver are early drivers to test the game with, we just have to say .. on the GeForce cards (except GX2) everything ran butter-smooth. With the ATI hotfix drivers we noticed a lot of lag here and there. Once that issue has been fixed we wouldn't be surprized to see the ATI scores rise a little bit. But NVIDIA definitely has a better driver at this time.

Guru3D.com will add this title in its software suite for future graphics card reviews. Thanks to Ubisoft for shipping out the game to us. We'll be working more closely together with them in the future to bring you more little articles like shown today.

In conclusion, Far Cry 2 runs really well on any modern graphics card for sure. Laters you guys.

Update: we received some questions regarding asking the nature of the lag we had with the ATI drivers. The lag that I described boils down to some video stutters during the timedemo runs. It's a fraction of a second and a lot less noticeable in the actual gameplay itself. "

http://www.guru3d.com/article/far-cry-2-pc-vga-graphics-performance-review/

Last edited:
Soldato
A very strong showing by the green team in that game. The cards do seem to scale rather strangely though, the GTX260 and GTX280... Well frankly you can't tell one from the other! They don't seem to specify whether it's the 192 or 216 shader GTX260 though.

Not a particularly strong showing for the newcomer, the Radeon 4830, either, which is a tad disappointing, being just about edged out by the 8800 GT on average.

Edit: ROFL the 9800 GX2 tanked.

Permabanned
OP
Well that's why I could not find it :o and peeps will not see the topic from main page there will they ?

Anyhow this is not the same review, I was going to throw in on the end of a FarCry 2 thread but what if a peep has read that thread and is bored with it, they wont visit it again.

They will however see this as soon as they look at main forum page. ;)

Last edited:
Associate
"But really, with a Radeon HD 4670 you'll be able to achieve okay framerates and on NVIDIA's side, a GeForce 9600 GT will do the job nicely as well"

Really great to see a statement (which I wholly agree with) like this.

Soldato
imageview.png

Look at the 8800 Ultra go :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom