Lack of people wearing Poppies is a disgrace .

Caporegime
Or maybe showing a symbol that I remember and support the cause is more important that how much money I can or can't afford to donate?

PK!

Try telling that to the Poppy Society!

Some people as already said put their poppy on an item of clothing then wear something else, or take their jackets off at work, or leave it behind when they're out for lunch, etc...

It's stupid and ignorant to slate those people when they may have already given generously.

Caporegime
Again this year I'm lucky if I see anyone wearing a Poppy. Apart from the odd elderly person. I've always bought a Poppy every year for years now. To think people have fought and died for us many years ago and people today fighting Afghanistan and Iraq. It makes me so angry the lack of respect shown it makes me want to punching something.

Sorry about the rant I just think anyone that hasn't put any money in the box are a disgraceful and should be ashamed of themselves.

How about **** off?
Some people give money but don't wear the poppy all the time. Last week I gave for 3 people, only my wife is wearing a poppy though.

Self righteous people who feel the need to vent at others without thinking makes me want to punch something... mainly them :p

Soldato
Out of interest why would you not want to wear one, if you had one available?

Because I don't care if people know I donated something or not. All it serves is for people who want to get something for their donation and to stop people approaching you for donations twice. Both stupid reasons, if I donate to a charity, why does it matter if people know that I do or not?

To me it makes sense NOT to wear one as they won't have to make as many regardless of their cost, charity would be saving even more money :rolleyes:

Associate
Although I have full respect for my elders and what they did in the past I do understand why many don't wear poppy's.

The way people think about our soldiers today is not good, not good at all.

Our soldiers in the past fought for a noble cause, our freedom and the freedom of others. In today's world, we are the aggressors, we are the invaders. The only time I ever see soldiers not on tv are when they are drunk in town violently beating some civilian.

I know the poppy represents what happened and the people who passed many years ago and we should all be so glad that times are not the same.
A remembrance day is important, they events should not be forgotten.

It's sad as I wish we could feal differently towards those who put their lives at risk and work incredibly hard. Young people today do care and think of what the poppy represents, but don't wish to be associated in any way with what's currently going on, hence the reluctance to wear a poppy.

Soldato
Who says just because someone isn't wearing one means that they haven't donated some money?
Chances are I have donated more than you but I'm a disgrace in your eyes?

Why don't you go and punch something about it then if it makes you feel better? I suggest your own head. Might knock some sense into you.

Soldato
I haven't donated, I am not wearing a poppy. If I saw one for sale anywhere I would.

But this doesn't mean I don't have great respect and gratitude for everyone who fought for our country and for other countries freedoms, whether they lived or died.

Guess I'm going to hell though, by your rationale feeling respect isnt enough, I have to buy it...

Soldato
Don't be upset - I'm not upset at the fact you aren't supporting those families affected by the Napoleonic Wars, the Sino-Russian wars or any of the other thousands of wars that have destroyed millions of lives for centuries.

Soldato
I intend to wear a poppy next week. I will observe a silence on the 11th and will wear my poppy to in some small way show my appreciation for the sacrifice people far braver than I have made.

I'm not however about to jump on some band wagon and wear a poppy for the month prior to rememberance day.

Associate
I intend to wear a poppy next week. I will observe a silence on the 11th and will wear my poppy to in some small way show my appreciation for the sacrifice people far braver than I have made.

I'm not however about to jump on some band wagon and wear a poppy for the month prior to rememberance day.

very true

Caporegime
Just because I do not wear/buy a poppy doesn't mean I do not remember and am thankful to all the servicemen and women that have fought/given their lives in the name of this country.

Back
Top Bottom