BBC presenter sacked for demanding non-Asian driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDM

RDM

Soldato
Source? I've never heard of anyone being raped by someone of their own race and then suddenly becoming fearful of all people of their own race.

To be honest the whole "rape" justification is rubbish as there is no mention anywhere of the girl having been raped. But it is quite common for rape victims to be fearful of being alone with men after having been raped, I thought that would be obvious?

For all we know the daughter doesn't really have problems with Asian men and the mother was just being paranoid. Or the girl is somewhat nervous around Asian men for whatever reason and the mother didn't want to upset her daughter. Whatever she is perfectly within her rights to ask for whatever type of driver she wants. If the taxi firm doesn't want to offer her service due to what they see as unreasonable grounds then they are perfectly within their rights to do so too.

If I went in to a restaurant and there was a black waiter and said "I don't want a ****** serving me." they have two choices, refuse to serve me or get a white waiter to serve me. Hopefully the vast majority of places would choose the former but I know I would hate to live in a country where being racist was a crime. Far too "thought police" for my liking.

Sadly looking at the transcript it seems that in the past the taxi firm has decided that the fair is worth more than their principles.

Caporegime
tbh I'd want a British/english driver just so i could understand a damn word he says. (i suck at understanding Asian accents )

Soldato
But it is quite common for rape victims to be fearful of being alone with men after having been raped, I thought that would be obvious?
With men perhaps - but that was a secondary request. Firstly she asked to have an English person - note no sex listed. The question that was being discussed was whether a rape victim would suddenly be fearful of an entire race - which in my opinion they would not.

If I went in to a restaurant and there was a black waiter and said "I don't want a ****** serving me." they have two choices, refuse to serve me or get a white waiter to serve me. Hopefully the vast majority of places would choose the former but I know I would hate to live in a country where being racist was a crime.
Your sentence makes it sound like the misdeed would have been by the restaurant owner in agreeing rather than by the person making the request for doing so in the first place.

RDM

RDM

Soldato
With men perhaps - but that was a secondary request. Firstly she asked to have an English person - note no sex listed. The question that was being discussed was whether a rape victim would suddenly be fearful of an entire race - which in my opinion they would not.

As I said, the whole rape thing is a non-issue and pretty much a distraction.

Your sentence makes it sound like the misdeed would have been by the restaurant owner in agreeing rather than by the person making the request for doing so in the first place.

Isn't it more obviously both?

RDM

RDM

Soldato
Indeed, both party's in that situation are acting wrongly - I just wanted to clarify as, to me, your sentence read as if you thought only the second person was acting wrongly.

Not at all, hence the "Hopefully the vast majority would choose the former". If I was a customer in said restaurant and they chose the latter option I would in fact walk out.

But would you propose to make what the customer is doing illegal?

Soldato
I hope she gets her job back or takes the taxi company to court and win.

She is paying so she can ask for what she likes. and if the taxi guy dont like it
then just put the phone down.

And today we mark the 90th anniversary of the end of World War I.
Were millions died for freedom and FREE SPEACH.

This is like a kick in the teeth to me and my great grand father.
I better ask for a ethnic marker in stead of a black marker
because it may upset some one.

did the sikh/turban guys not help fight for that freedom(atleast in 1 war) you are screaming about ?

Soldato
tbh I'd want a British/english driver just so i could understand a damn word he says. (i suck at understanding Asian accents )

Therefore assumming all asians have the same accent. Some will have thick accents will others will have less prevalent accents and i've met many a cockney, scottish and irish Asians!!

Soldato
Why would an Islamic suicide bomber blow up a bus of Muslims?

Retard.

Erm, theres been plenty of muslims killed in suicide bombings hasnt there?
If someones jittery about muslims and they see a bus full of them they are going to think higher chance one is a suicide bomber, some people are not rational, which was my point.

**edit : nice personal insult to go along with the retardness ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom