The official Dell Ultrasharp 2408WFP Thread

Associate
Got any first (rough) impressions to report Sallermas? Perhaps from just general use when setting the monitor up, is input lag noticeable with regards to moving the cursor? (And could you feel the lag on the desktop when using a Rev A00?)

Associate
You can't feel any lag because it just isn't detectable. I have been gaming for 15 years, and it is no different on the Rev A00 to any other TFT I have owned.

Well apparently the input lag on the Rev A00 2408 is particularly bad, and many can notice it, so I'd like to see what they say.

Associate
SimonTW I can't see any Lag picture looks superb, I'm at work but will post results this afternoon or tomorrow morning.

If there are any other tests to be run let me know / send a link

Soldato
Of course there is lag, it's very well know with this monitor. A great monitor shame if you play online games. I could notice it just using windows, it made my OS/PC feel slow.

Just hook up next to a fast TN and move your mouse around on the Dell then move it across to the TN and you will see.

Associate
Cheers Simon here they are;

IMG_4743

IMG_4744

IMG_4745.jpg

IMG_4746

Associate
Thanks very much for taking the time to post those pics Sallermas, and they confirm that the new revision has pretty much solved the input lag problem the 2408 was plagued with (near enough halved the lag I think? Down from ~60 to ~30). I think I can safely go ahead and order mine soon!

With regards to other tests, my technical knowledge of monitors does not extend far enough to suggest any (except maybe a picture of the monitor with a black screen to highlight any backlight bleed?) but I'm sure other users will be able to do so.

Last edited:
Associate
To Sallermas : All my problems were with A00. The only A01 I had was a refurb, and it had a major problem with the 'Power Saving Mode' when used with DVI, so I could never test it.

To CaptainRAVE : Input lag problems not detectable ???!! I beg to differ. All the Rev A00's i had suffered from it, and all were noticeable even when just using the desktop.

I'm glad the A01's are starting to come through. I'm still down for a phonecall from Tech Support on Jan 7th, which should then lead to what I hope is the final exchange.

If I have both the A00 and A01 in my possession at the same time then I will try to do a similar test to Sallermans photos (if I can get both screens in the pic at the same time :) ). What's the timing test tool called ? Link ?

Soldato
I got mine too which is an A00 but to be honest I am not dumbstruck with the input lag and will prolly keep it - unless the A01 is really worlds better ... as it would mean sending this one back which is just a hassle !

Associate
After reading this thread and others I bit the bullet and purchased an A01 revision of this monitor.

All I can say is WOW. I cant see(experience) any input lag or ghosting, colours are brilliant.

Best purchase I have made in ages.

Soldato
Yes their current stock is A00 it would seem, I am now returning the screen to get an A01 elsewhere as I have really started to notice the slowness the input lag gives the screen - which is a real shame as otherwise the monitor is everything I want :)

Associate
Hi everybody:)

Found this thread when searching around for info regarding the "Dell 2408WFP Ultrasharp" Lcd-monitor and thought i would ask a couple of questions here before any purchase.

I`m thinking of buying 2 of these monitors and i will use them mostly for Photowork, movies, surf & daytrading stocks.

Now to my questions,

1. Can someone please explain the difference between A00 & A01?
Also, it says "REV" A01, what exactly does this REV mean?

2. Do i have to calibrate the monitor out of the box you think?

/Peter.

Last edited:
Associate
Remove that competitor quick sharp and Id suggest reading the FAQ! Also although you could really just read the thread ill help you anyway. :)
REV 01 is the new firmware which has "apparently" fixed the input lag of the monitor down to a reasonable level. This is the time it takes for the monitor to recieve the picture outputted by ur graphics card. Before particularly games but even windows should severe signs of ghosting etc.
Calibration is not necessarily necessary I dont think but will help greatly, especially seeing as you are going to be using them for photo work. On this point please bare in mind that the monitor is wide gamut meaning unless properly colour managed photos will appear oversaturated.

Hope this helps.

BA

Back
Top Bottom