***Official Wrath of the Lich King Thread***(Contains spoilers)***

Associate
Leveling a DK atm, Enjoying it quite. About to hit lvl 68 so going to jump off to northrend.

Have quite a weird spec (I was recommended on IRC by a guy on the same server) where i have a few on blood up to improved rune tap, then the rest on unholy. Seems to be going great and haven't had any trouble on group quests and even PvP. Playing on Karazhan Alliance.

Associate
Got my first Tier 7.5 piece today and I now have 27k health unbuffed on my DK Tank, but despite great progression I'm already bored with raiding. We just downed Sartharion with 2 drakes last night, and there isn't much to do until 3.1 to be honest. I blame Blizzard :p

So I've asked my GL to demote me to Social Rank for the time being. I spend more time preparing for raids, farming stuff and doing dailies than I raid these days; not exactly the most fun way to spend £8.99 a month on :(

I'm looking forward to 3.0.8 though, and whenever dual-specs will be implemented!

Soldato
any rogues in 2v2 arena with another dps, what spec are you?

i will be teaming with my mate who is another rogue and am not sure on a spec

anyone? ive speced this build , what do people think of it, im useing it to level atm but will hopefully use it in arena

Last edited:
Soldato
I recpec my deathknight from blood to unholy and am taking things down twice as quick with hardly any downtime

I want to make a new hunter though lol already got a 70 and 64 one :/

Soldato
The shadowpriest is once again fun to play. Of course useless in pvp, but great fun for raiding. Passing over the 2.5k +spell power mark (with trinket) is awfully nice :p.

I managed seven 7.2-8k mind blast crits in a row on Patchwerk last night. Loadsa fun :).

I do wish they'd fix rogues though; Master poisoner, HaT, they're hard to keep up with.

Liking shadow priests myself, last night I managed to nab Dying Curse to go along with Sundial of the Exiled, which meant that I often get a proc of at least 500 spell power. If they both proc it's an insane 1300 extra, which takes me over 3000.

Caporegime
Liking shadow priests myself, last night I managed to nab Dying Curse to go along with Sundial of the Exiled, which meant that I often get a proc of at least 500 spell power. If they both proc it's an insane 1300 extra, which takes me over 3000.
I couldn't initially decide between Dying Curse or Illustration of the Dragon Soul.

You're essentially looking at a constant +260 spell power, and then +71 hit and the proc for +765/10s. It's more efficient and higher dps, due to the internal cooldowns on the trinkets :).

Illustration of the Dragon Soul = 230.16 dps + Dying Curse = 113.31 dps.

Admittedly Sundial of the Exiled is 119.37dps, but I think the hit and constant boost are better then the crit.

Soldato
any rogues in 2v2 arena with another dps, what spec are you?

i will be teaming with my mate who is another rogue and am not sure on a spec

anyone? ive speced this build , what do people think of it, im useing it to level atm but will hopefully use it in arena.

i used to be speced sub at 70 but wanted to try something different, will this be viable at all?

Last edited:
Soldato
anyone? ive speced this build , what do people think of it, im useing it to level atm but will hopefully use it in arena.

I made my Rogues build based of advice given by Assassinette on the Blizzard Rogue Forums. I'm at level 77 and every mob is dropping like flies with me still at full health at the end of the fight.

I would recommend making a few changes to your build, primarily to take Dual Wield and Precision from the combat tree - the extra Hit Rating and off hand damage is useful to say the least.

I would drop Focused Attacks as 2 energy is pretty insignificant - mutilate costs 60 and on a crit you get 2 back? Worthless.

I would drop Master of Deception - which is really a PvP talent - and Initiative which is not a great talent for raiding.

Drop another point from somewhere else and you have enough for the combat tree items.

Take a look at my armory profile to see my build at lvl 77: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Azjol-Nerub&n=Rennick

EDIT: I've just re-read your post and seen you're doing Arena, so my post isn't so relevant - better for Raiders. Feel free to ignore my nonsense. :)

Soldato
I made my Rogues build based of advice given by Assassinette on the Blizzard Rogue Forums. I'm at level 77 and every mob is dropping like flies with me still at full health at the end of the fight.

I would recommend making a few changes to your build, primarily to take Dual Wield and Precision from the combat tree - the extra Hit Rating and off hand damage is useful to say the least.

I would drop Focused Attacks as 2 energy is pretty insignificant - mutilate costs 60 and on a crit you get 2 back? Worthless.

I would drop Master of Deception - which is really a PvP talent - and Initiative which is not a great talent for raiding.

Drop another point from somewhere else and you have enough for the combat tree items.

Take a look at my armory profile to see my build at lvl 77: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Azjol-Nerub&n=Rennick

EDIT: I've just re-read your post and seen you're doing Arena, so my post isn't so relevant - better for Raiders. Feel free to ignore my nonsense. :)

yeah im not gonna be raiding, just leveling up then straight to pvp. i think i will drop focused attacks though

Soldato
yeah im not gonna be raiding, just leveling up then straight to pvp. i think i will drop focused attacks though

I think at 80 for PvP I would be looking at something like this build:
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=f0efoeGsiMoczZ0xZebfd0Mz

Most of the good damage increasing abilities - including the good poison ones, bearing in mind you will be envenoming rather than eviscerating as mutilate.

In addition you keep the good stealth abilities from the Sub tree and most importantly Preparation. Ghostly strike shouldn't be underestimated either - the 125% dmg + 15% dodge is very useful at times against other melee.

Mutilate is such a good burst damage talent - get good gear and rip through your enemies!

:)

Soldato
Strength increases damage and amount blocked by your shield.
Stamina increases hitpoints.
Agility increases crit rate.
Int increases mana and spell crits.

Go for stats in that order.

Agility gives the same amount of AP as strength to shammies as well as increasing crit, go for agility over strength if you can.

Soldato
Does anyone have any idea on what'd be a good build for me right now? So far I'm heavy in unholy, and about to ding 73:

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Lightning%27s+Blade&n=Fayanna

Was looking into what seems to be very popular for DK's right now, a Frost/Unholy combination, I'm not sure how well this would do for levelling? Any ideas? Would be swapping unholy aura for on a pale horse, until 80 at least.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?dea...30305103115003100203100000&glyph=211202060504

Also might drop gargoyle as I never use it atm either!

Back
Top Bottom