Cryptogram - Can you solve it?

Caporegime
A cryptogram is an encoded word or phrase. A “key” word is used to scramble the text.

"Key" Hint: The eponymous division of the structure

50005540.png

Cryptogram: YT1S 6KJX T3X3 @3H3 NO3E

I'm stumped.

Caporegime
OP
A cryptogram is a type of puzzle which consists of a short piece of encrypted text. Generally the cipher used to encrypt the text is simple enough that cryptogram can be solved by hand. Frequently used are substitution ciphers where each letter is replaced by a different letter or number. To solve the puzzle, one must recover the original lettering. Though once used in more serious applications, they are now mainly printed for entertainment in newspapers and magazines.

Other types of classical ciphers are sometimes used to create cryptograms. An example is the book cipher where a book or article is used to encrypt a message.

Cryptograms based on substitution ciphers can often be solved by frequency analysis and by recognizing letter patterns in words, such as one letter words, which, in English, can only be "i" or "a" (and sometimes "o"). Double letters, apostrophes, and the fact that no letter can substitute for itself in the cypher also offer clues to the solution. Occasionally cryptogram puzzle makers will start the solver off with a few letters. The Cryptogram is also the name of the periodic publication of the American Cryptogram Association (ACA), which contains a large number of cryptographic puzzles.

Caporegime
OP
My guess is that the numbers represent letters in the key word.

I.E. The 3rd letter, 6th letter etc.

As I said, I'm stumped so was hoping someone can put my mind to rest.

Associate
Basically you got to work it out step by step. So a '3' could actually be a 'S' or a 'P' could be a 'D'. Thats how its scrambled and got to work out the meaning. Ive had a look but made my head hurt so gave up

Mat

Mat

Soldato
"Key" Hint: The eponymous division of the structure

50005540.png

Cryptogram: YT1S 6KJX T3X3 @3H3 NO3E

ep⋅on⋅y⋅mous
–adjective giving one's name to a tribe, place, etc.: Romulus, the eponymous founder of Rome.

How does that relate to the way that the building is divided?

Soldato
ep⋅on⋅y⋅mous
–adjective giving one's name to a tribe, place, etc.: Romulus, the eponymous founder of Rome.

How does that relate to the way that the building is divided?

Like I said, just one post above yours, I think we need to know who the building is named after. Trouble is, I don't recognise it. Is it a famous landmark we should know or something?

Mat

Mat

Soldato
Like I said, just one post above yours, I think we need to know who the building is named after. Trouble is, I don't recognise it. Is it a famous landmark we should know or something?

I was busy looking it up when you posted, sorry.

Associate
Could be floor. I'd more naturally say a building like that is divided into floors.

I kinda came to 'block' as a possible key on principle that a given block forms the basic space division value of most architectural construction. Or to my mind easily `the epnonymous division' however I agree floor is every bit as viable, if not more so. I'll roll with 'floor' too.

Back
Top Bottom