LG Flatron M227WD - 1080p TV/Monitor mini review

aGr

aGr

Associate
Hey guys I have this monitor as well and I have two questions :).
1) Frist is quite simple, how the hell can I sort the DVB channels?
2) I tried to connect the auido system through SCART (see the picture), but when listening to DVB on higher volume I can hear murmur. Maybe better reduction or cables could help? Any idea?
SCA3CBU.JPG

Thanks a lot for any ideas.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
gonna get one of these mainly as a tv, but also to connect up and use as a monitor now and again, just got a quick question about connectivity. i have a:

asus t3-p5g31 system
nvidia 7100 gs 128mb

pc conected via dvi at the moment, so is it possible to get some sort of dvi splitter cable to connect the tv to the pc, and if so, can i output to both sources at the same time, or will i need to turn my pc monitor off whilst using the tv. if this is the case that is fine as i don't see why i would need both running at the same time.

also, as dvi does not carry audio, what sort of cable would i need to be able to send an audio signal to the tv?

It is possible to get a DVI splitter to clone the display, an easy method, if your graphics card has two DVI outputs would be just to buy another DVI cable and select clone mode from the Nvidia control panel.

The TV comes with a standard 3.5mm audio cable for use with the audio input on the TV. You can plug any standard 3.5mm device into this, whether that be audio from your PC, CD player, MP3 player etc.

Hey guys I have this monitor as well and I have two questions :).
1) Frist is quite simple, how the hell can I sort the DVB channels?
2) I tried to connect the auido system through SCART (see the picture), but when listening to DVB on higher volume I can hear murmur. Maybe better reduction or cables could help? Any idea?
SCA3CBU.JPG

Thanks a lot for any ideas.

1. Connect your TV aerial cable to the back of the TV and go to setup from the menu and select auto tuning.
2. Why not use the headphone jack on the side to output the audio?

Last edited:

aGr

aGr

Associate
1) But thats how to tune. I want to sort (move) the already tuned channels. When you go to setup and select "Programme Edit" then you can move the TV channels thanks to the yellow button, but you cant do that with DTV channels!
2) Yeah, thats true, it just look bit strange when theres a cable on the side... But I didnt realize, so thanks, Ill probably do it that way.

Associate
thanks for the reply gent,

have seen dvi splitters elsewhere for around £10, one does say a maximum resolution of 1024x768 which seems odd, why would a splitter cap my resolution?

ok, my tv will be the other side of the room, so i will need to buy a longer 3.5mm cable, which connection would it go to on my pc, as my pc speakers are in the green one.

might be silly, but is it possible to use my onboard vga to connect to the tv, whilst using my graphics card dvi for the pc, as for some reason all my card has is a dvi port.

Associate
OP
1) But thats how to tune. I want to sort (move) the already tuned channels. When you go to setup and select "Programme Edit" then you can move the TV channels thanks to the yellow button, but you cant do that with DTV channels!
2) Yeah, thats true, it just look bit strange when theres a cable on the side... But I didnt realize, so thanks, Ill probably do it that way.

You can set favourite channels that appear in the favourites list

thanks for the reply gent,

have seen dvi splitters elsewhere for around £10, one does say a maximum resolution of 1024x768 which seems odd, why would a splitter cap my resolution?

ok, my tv will be the other side of the room, so i will need to buy a longer 3.5mm cable, which connection would it go to on my pc, as my pc speakers are in the green one.

might be silly, but is it possible to use my onboard vga to connect to the tv, whilst using my graphics card dvi for the pc, as for some reason all my card has is a dvi port.

If you want your PC audio to go through the TV, you need to connect the audio from your PC (the green one) to the audio input on the back of the TV. This will then play the audio through the TV's speakers or anything connected to the headphone jack when in DVI/VGA mode.

If I were you, I'd just buy a new graphics card with two DVI outputs. I don't think its possible to use on board and discrete graphics processing at the same time.

My opinion, buy this http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-207-SP

Associate
will using something like in the back of my pc be ok, so i do not need to keep changing the pc speakers for tv audio cable everytime i use either.

3.5mm Stereo Plug to 2x3.5mm Stereo Socket

yeah, think your suggestion of a new card may be easier, not really wanting to spend that much though as all i need it for is this task you see.

thanks for your help by the way!

Associate
Morning all,

After reading this excellent thread (and a few others...) I bought one of these from Richer Sounds last week. Very impressed with the product in general, especially the picture and the incredibly easy set up.

Had a couple of queries though:

- I've got my tv on a wall bracket in a study/ dining room. I was wondering if anyone knows whether you can remove the 'neck' of the tv?

- does the tv come with full instructions? Mine had a 'quick setup' sheet, and that was all I needed, but it doesn't go into much detail if I have more indepth queries (such as the one above!);)

Associate
Associate
hello

This is unique review of this LCD and i like very much.

I have one question :

The image in TV is good ? i never seen this Lg works.

Regards ;)

Associate
Having now had a chance to browse the instruction manual (gratefully linked b another poster), I’m none the wiser.

Can anyone tell me how to make channels into ‘favourites’? (I assume this just means you can skip through to them quicker, like Sky?)

Also, the manual seems to hint that you can actually save programmes for later viewing – making it sound like the tv’s got a hard drive???? This is new to me, but would be VERY helpful :)– can anyone advise either way.

Any finally…still no clarification on whether the tv’s neck can be removed – anyone???:confused:

Associate
That'd be great thanks.

Right, got round to taking some pics - Wii menu and Mario Galaxy:

img8427f.jpg

img8426g.jpg

img8428y.jpg

Basically it looks about as good as you could expect from 480p on an HDTV :p . The default picture settings on the component input make it look a bit pants, (oversaturated etc) but after some fiddling with contrast/colour/sharpness I'm pretty happy with how it looks. Aliasing is pretty noticable (depending on the game) but I'd pretty much expect that at 480p on a 1080p screen anyway.

Soldato
I'm thinking about getting a couple of these for my setup.

A question about the remote control.
Can a single remote be used to control two monitors independantly?
ie does the monitor/remote have alternative infra-red 'channels'?

Associate
I am excited about the M227WD as my next possible television. I have also seen an LG 23 inch. The code is M237WD in some places and M2394D in others. I assume these two codes are actually the same television. Anyway, I am wondering whether to go for one of these or for the M227WD. Does anyone know if they are exactly equivalent and only the screen size is 1.5 inch difference or if there are other differences? Pictures for the 23 inch seem to show a different proportion like 1050 rather than 1080, but all the specifications say 1080 standard proportion. I think the picture is for another model. The back view also shows a circular area for connections, which is a different shape to the 22 inch. The main thing I need to know is are there any differences besides the screen size? Is one model older (this was my suspicion about the 23 inch) or are there any functional, quality, or design differences? Pixel pitch and resolution appear to be slightly different, but I wonder if the difference is genuine and significant.

Can anyone advise me? By the way, I read the whole of this thread with great interest (hope I didn't miss an answer to my question!) and I am amazed at the quality and style of help & advice people have offered here!

Back
Top Bottom