How this possible?

Soldato
A while ago i ordered a tent from a company, I read a few reviews the company was a fraud so reported my debit card lost and got a new one sent out. The last 4 digits on the debit card were different but the sort code and account number are the same.

I now see that i have been charged by the company for the tent. How could they charge a card that they do not have the correct 16 digit number for? When i ordered it i didnt put the sort code or account number anywhere

Soldato
You thought the company was a fraud so instead of going down that route, you reported you not lost card as lost?
So you lied to your bank, and you're asking us about it?
What?

Describe the events again, clearly, please.

Hxc

Hxc

Soldato
Because the old card was still active when they charged it. I have 2 solo cards that are active with the same account with different card numbers.

Caporegime
In AD 2009
Shopping was beginning
What happen?
Somebody set up us the bank
We get debit card
Main card turn off
How are you guest2? All your money are belong to us.
What!?
You have no chance to cancel, make your overdraft.
Hahaha
Move account!
For great fraud, report every card as lost!

Soldato
A while ago i ordered a tent from a company, I read a few reviews the company was a fraud so reported my debit card lost and got a new one sent out. The last 4 digits on the debit card were different but the sort code and account number are the same.

I now see that i have been charged by the company for the tent. How could they charge a card that they do not have the correct 16 digit number for? When i ordered it i didnt put the sort code or account number anywhere
Can't be serious.

Soldato
Companies can still charge cards months after it's been cancelled - often happens with things like AA subscriptions.

It's not like your bank wipes all record of the old card number when it's cancelled - it's still your card, your account.

If you have in fact been defrauded, and they do not send you the tent, and you have phoned / emailed / written - then speak to your card issuer about starting a chargeback.

Soldato
Companies can still charge cards months after it's been cancelled - often happens with things like AA subscriptions.

No, they can't, a stop is put on that number. It is why a new card has the last 4 digits changed.

Many of my cancelled cards have resulted in subscriptions failing, and them applying for new details.

Soldato
The last 4 digits on the debit card were different but the sort code and account number are the same.

Of course they are, it's the same bank, same account. Account number and sort code aren't secret, aren't a security measure. They are like your name or phone number - public domain. Every time you give a cheque to a complete stranger you are giving them your account number and sort code.

Hxc

Hxc

Soldato
In AD 2009
Shopping was beginning
What happen?
Somebody set up us the bank
We get debit card
Main card turn off
How are you guest2? All your money are belong to us.
What!?
You have no chance to cancel, make your overdraft.
Hahaha
Move account!
For great fraud, report every card as lost!

That's beyond ace. Stars for you. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom