Door Lock

Permabanned
I have just bought some pretty expensive equipment for my home office and i am looking for a lock to help secure this.

Any ideas on what the best solutions is, needs to be lockable from the inside and outside.

What do you have fitted? :p

Soldato
lockable from the inside?? why would you need it to be lockable from the inside secure your stuff if your in there, me thinks you just want a home masturbation room :D:p

Associate
Get rid of the window, its the easiest way in :p

But not much point in spending loads on an impenetrable door for someone to get in via the window while your out, unless you live in a flat on the 2nd plus floor.

Soldato
Those steel security doors look pretty good actually.

There are also fibreglass composite doors with steel reinforcing that are pretty secure and look similar to a wooden door.

http://www.rockdoor.com/

Windows are still a weak point though. Best way around that would be to use laminated glass. Toughened glass can be reduced to a pile of glass shards in seconds and with hardly any sound. People who get double doors fitted with toughened glass are asking to be robbed.

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
I was thinking something like:

walsalll-a661-3-sn_med.jpg

But just the lock bit, not the handle.

?

Last edited:
Soldato
any sort of lock like that would be sufficient, hell a normal yale lock which locks when you close the door would be the easiest option? the type they have on council houses

Back
Top Bottom