£500 Final Check !

Associate
No Case or GFX needed.

bhebnen.jpg

Would i get much more for spending little extra for the Quad core?
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CP-239-AM&groupid=701&catid=6&subcat=1328

Cheers

Soldato
Looks good, the tri core is fine (in most games the X3 will be faster than that quad), if you want to go for a quad then go for atleast this one.

The way I see it, the monitor is so improtant as its the thing you look at all the time. I'm sure the T220 is a fine monitor (albeit a bog standard TN panel), but this one IS worth the extra. To pay for some of it I suggest moving to this motherboard and this RAM.

Associate
Both above are right, though rather than moving to a DDR2 setup, why not just cycle to work for a few weeks and spend the extra for the better screen. I've used the T220s and they look great, but an e-IPS panel compared to a TN. There is no comparison!

Associate
OP
I wouldnt swap that for the quad core imo

But PSU

and

HDD

a lot of people recomended the SamsungF3 but i took your advice on the HardDrive, however i was told that PSU isn't that efficient ?? and the stealth should be fine.

The way I see it, the monitor is so improtant as its the thing you look at all the time. I'm sure the T220 is a fine monitor (albeit a bog standard TN panel), but this one IS worth the extra. To pay for some of it I suggest moving to this motherboard and this RAM.

This is tricky as the budget need to be tight to £500 and bought asap(without rushing), and i could do with keeping the DDR3 as it will be used for uni work (coding, rendering - etc) aswell as some light games.
Would anyone happen to know what panel is used in a SM223BW? if its TN i have found it great so will happily go for the T220...

This build is for Girlfreind if your wondering why i would want to change my monitor then :)

cheers

Back
Top Bottom