Is youtube using flash? Software or hardware acceleration?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
I was wondering does youtube use flash? and does it use software or hardware acceleration?

I am thinking of buying a atom ion based HTPC and heard at the moment they only do software acceleration for flash based content such as youtube videos and the video has a very choppy frame rate. This has been reported on the atom n230 and n330 (dual core) chipsets. The good news is that adobe is working to get this working using hardware acceleration. I was just wondering if you know the progress of this news, and if the hardware acceleration is coming out any time soon for the single and dual core versions of the chipset?

TIA

Soldato
hi

your probably best posting this in the HTCP small form factor part of the forum. or even in general hardware/software

you will just get pee taking answers in GD

the atoms struggle with youtube but im not sure how they work when the ION is there too, the last time i checked up on it all was agggges ago and there was plans for drivers that moved the encoding onto the ION ? im not sure if that has happened yet though ?

Soldato
I was wondering does youtube use flash? and does it use software or hardware acceleration?

Well I am using VIA CN700 + 8237RP soc, and that has a 1.2ghz cpu, now flash is relatively bad on that, as in it requires more processing then it can cope with, which is a shame as if you download the actual video and play it with say mplayer, it runs perfectly fine.

Don't know about atom ions, but anything more then my cpu, should handle it fine. At any rate, you cay be able to find an app that lets you simply browse craptube videos outside of their crappy flash, and thus not suffer.

Permabanned
OP
Well I am using VIA CN700 + 8237RP soc, and that has a 1.2ghz cpu, now flash is relatively bad on that, as in it requires more processing then it can cope with, which is a shame as if you download the actual video and play it with say mplayer, it runs perfectly fine.

Don't know about atom ions, but anything more then my cpu, should handle it fine. At any rate, you cay be able to find an app that lets you simply browse craptube videos outside of their crappy flash, and thus not suffer.

thanks for the reply, I already know the videos play in any media player perfectly, but I really would like to see SD/HD youtube flash play on atom PC's!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom