Battlestar Galactica Question

Associate
I am going through the entire new series again (3rd times the charm) and I have become somewhat confused. They went back the Caprica to rescue the survivors, all well and good but what about the other 11 planets?
Wouldn't there be survivors on them planets too?
Sorry if this is topic has already been posted. I did search and I didn't see anything, but it was only quick.

Associate
OP
I suppose but they didn't here anything from Caprica till they had to go back and pick up the arrow of apollo. They could have shown more of the other planets as it would have been nice to see what each of the planets lived like.

Associate
As has been said before they knew there were survivors on Caprica. Starbuck also knew the location of the resistances headquarters so it was more of an extraction rather than a search and rescue operation.

Even if there were other survivors on the other 11 colonies were talking about a handful of raptors/marines being taken from a ragtag fleet low on resources jumping into a solar system potentially swarming with enemy forces and patrols. A handful of raptors wouldn't be able to mount an extensive search of 12 whole planets for possible survivors. Chances are they wouldn't have made it back. The only reason they made it back off of Caprica was because luckily at that time the Cylons had just reached the decision to abandon the colonies due to the occupation being an 'error'.

Soldato
Talking of BSG, I'm tempted to get the compete series Blu-Ray. Anyone got it? If so is the picture quality really good?

I watched the first season on hd dvd and to be honest, there wasnt an awful lot of difference to my eyes between the normal DVD and the HD version. I think it was more to do with the DVD being very high quality for a DVD rather than the HD being poor but it wouldnt be worth it in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom