Core i7 rig £1400 help pls

Soldato
Hey, I've got money coming in soon £200 a month (only 15) and wondering would things i should buy, this is the stuff i've chosen atm for £1400.

Ill have 2 5870's in cf because im getting 1 for my birthday (oct).

But there are main concerns. 1. Only got 500gb hd, which im guessing a bit of a bottle neck with os and game loading times. I will get a better 1 soon but not yet. Should i get 2 150gb raptors in raid 0 or 2 64gb ssd's in raid?

Also, would 850w be enough to supply what i want d you think? Ill be overclocking the cpu to about 3.4 or 3.6.

Any changes i can make, please say. Thanks :D

Associate
if i was only 15 on 200 pounds a month i would think about cutting Down on the Spec a little, First of all the Case no need to spend £210 on a case really.

2nd the memory again would go for somethink Cheaper like the Patriot Viper 6GB (3x2GB) DDR3 PC3-12800 (1600MHz) only £86 at the min

And 3th the Motherboard No reason why somethink like the Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R wont clock as well as the Rampage , plus it still offers Crosscire and Sli

Soldato
OP
No need to cut down the spec imo :p
I want that case becasue i was going to go for the haf 932, when i priced up the paint to spray it black inside and all of that, it came to around £180 so i thought i would rather have that case. The memory, i dont know ive never had patriot memory before, only had corsair but i may do that. And wanted the estream because im going for a black and red theme inside case, also you get the xi fi sound card which i would need :p thanks for the response tho, any 1 else

Associate
I did this for someone else. I'd pretty much get this, but get the 128GB SSD instead of the 64GB one.

setup.jpg

Soldato
OP
Camelpaw, thanks for the response. That build looks good, but I aint keen on a few things. The case i dont like, psu, rather have corsair :p
mobo, would want the rampage for the sound card 2 :p
Apart from that, looks very nice

Soldato
If money is not a concern then it's fine.

I personally think the Noctua and Akasa fans have a terrible colour scheme though, goes with nothing. At this price I'd go for appearance too. Personal opinion though, you may have a different view on it.

I'm probably going to laugh, but I'm still interested why you want to put 1.4K into a pc, 1.7K if you get another 5870 :)

Man of Honour
hmmm, i can see where you are coming from. I could always ditch the 2nd 5870 so it would only cost £1.1k?

You haven't got a 2nd 5870 listed so it would still cost 1.4k.

Your wasting money for the sake of it. if you want to spend 1.5k then at least get blu-ray drive and a ssd.

I personally think the Noctua and Akasa fans have a terrible colour scheme though, goes with nothing. At this price I'd go for appearance too. Personal opinion though, you may have a different view on it.

Any nice looking cases and you wont see the fans.

Soldato
OP
If money is not a concern then it's fine.

I'm probably going to laugh, but I'm still interested why you want to put 1.4K into a pc, 1.7K if you get another 5870 :)

yeah ive been wondering that, but from what i have herd, the case fans in the 800d are silent and was looking at the fan, there wasn't many but they where silent. Also, ill have a 5870 before i save up and do my build because of my birthday, so 2 get another 5870, only cost £1.4k

Soldato
OP
You haven't got a 2nd 5870 listed so it would still cost 1.4k.

Your wasting money for the sake of it. if you want to spend 1.5k then at least get blu-ray drive and a ssd.

It would cost £1.4k including my 2nd 5870 because im getting my 1st 5870 from my birthday. Also yeah, i dont need a blu ray i got a ps3 and hard drive will be an issue i think

Associate
Camelpaw, thanks for the response. That build looks good, but I aint keen on a few things. The case i dont like, psu, rather have corsair :p
mobo, would want the rampage for the sound card 2 :p
Apart from that, looks very nice

Ok, that's cool, the case is easily changed. Therefore you'd have to change the PSU aswell as it only fits in a very limited number of Antec cases and I agree, the Corsair ones are very good! If you want he Rampage, thats cool, but doesn't the Asus one come with decent sound anyway?! Most mobo's do these days!

Back
Top Bottom