India plans to force NASA into accepting the Extraterrestrial presence in moon

Permabanned
Sources from Bangalore now say India plans to force NASA into accepting the Extraterrestrial presence in moon. NASA has all along denied such presence. It even denies the presence of any extraterrestrial objects or entities.

Source

Erm hmmm.

What a completely odd statement to say.

Associate
Well it would be nice if they backed up the statement with some kind of proof other then saying there is a presence on the moon.

At least we all know how the Nazi moon base has been able to last this long without supplies...... oh wait a minute..

Caporegime
Indian Space Reserach Oragization's probe finds water in Moon, NASA decides to accept the fact that it knew for decades - next step extraterrestrial presence on moon?
India Daily Technology Team
Sep. 26, 2009

NASA now agrees that lots and lots of water id present in the moons surface. That also shows the abundance of water in the universe. Interestingly, NASA all on a sudden starts talking about water in moon after India reveals that it found water from its Moon Impact Probe (MIP).

Well, that certainly reads well and adds credence to their argument. Whatever it may be.

Man of Honour
So are they saying ISRO are the 'Sources in Bangalore', or someone else? It's all a bit vague.

Oh, and something else they totally (and conveniently) 'forgot' to mention in that article - the instrument on Chandrayaan-1 that detected water - who was that designed and built by again? Er, NASA, actually.

As for NASA 'knowing for decades', well that's bunk too. NASA simply had insufficient evidence. Probes that leave Earth carry an abundance of water with them (i.e. condensate) - it's a fact of life. So if a probe detects a water signature, is that the water that the probe carried with it, or extraterrestrial water? Same problem in reverse with the Apollo samples - there was a film of water on them, but was that water there all along or was it condensate from onboard the spacecraft?

The evidence that NASA did have lead them to believe it was dry. Obviously, that depends where you look. For example, Apollo couldn't reach the lunar poles, where most of the water is thought to be.

Oh, and it's all rather relative too - the amounts of water we're talking about here is in the order of one drinks bottle per tonne of regolith, maybe less (my memory is a bit vague on this so someone else feel free to correct me). That's less than you'll find in most deserts here on Earth. Hardly a pond then, let alone an ocean. :p

/random rambling. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Oh, and it's all rather relative too - the amounts of water we're talking about here is in the order of one drinks bottle per tonne of regolith, maybe less (my memory is a bit vague on this so someone else feel free to correct me).

The recent BBC news article suggested up to one litre of water per cubic meter of "moon-muck", at the poles (where the water is most concentrated). That's going to work out at around one part per thousand. Not ideal, but should be enough to support a permanent base, with sufficient refinement.

Soldato
I was surprised about the recent NASA water announcement. I always figured detecting it's spectral signature was dead easy and something that would be been done already in the 60s or even 50s.

Soldato
The recent BBC news article suggested up to one litre of water per cubic meter of "moon-muck", at the poles (where the water is most concentrated). That's going to work out at around one part per thousand. Not ideal, but should be enough to support a permanent base, with sufficient refinement.

Politics.

It's bad enough with Russia, US, UK, China et al arguing over the Arctic where the melting ice is making navigation channels that open new trade routes..

Soldato
Source

Erm hmmm.

What a completely odd statement to say.
[/SIZE][/FONT]

Nasa will withhold imformation or even give out misinformation to protect US interests. The presence of water is a major resource that they would not want another nation taking advantage of at a time in which they were not able or unwilling to take advantage of themselfs. Extraterrestrail life in the form of micro-organisms, no one knows yet or are keeping hush.....

Associate
If NASA are willing to hide simple things like water on the moon, for selfish reasons makes you wonder what other info they are hideing, and wont reveal till others find it out.

Back
Top Bottom