Machinarium Demo

Associate
It's a little short, and if by 30 more levels in the full version they mean 30 more screens, then I'm a little concerned about the length of the full thing too. Will buy anyway, it's oozing with charm and is downright fun.

Also, I can play in full screen @ 1680x1050.

Associate
OP
It's a little short, and if by 30 more levels in the full version they mean 30 more screens, then I'm a little concerned about the length of the full thing too. Will buy anyway, it's oozing with charm and is downright fun.

Also, I can play in full screen @ 1680x1050.

$17 if you preorder (apparently $15 on D2D, though I'll wait for it on Steam) - I'd say that's more than a fair price for 30 screens of something that, like you say, is oozing with charm and fun :)

Hmmm, my native res is 1920, but I have to set the screen to 1280 to get it anywhere near approaching full screen.

Just checked on the forums and apparently the native res is 1250 x 790. Weird. It's supposed to scale up or down from that, but doesn't for me. Hope the final release does.

Caporegime
Lovely graphics. I managed to get across the drawbridge with the policeman bit then I stopped as I didn't want to spoil the full game. Will probably pick it up if it comes to Steam.

Caporegime
The only thing I am concerned about is whether the puzzles get totally obscure the further you get. I managed to do the first few screens myself but I wouldn't want to be forced to look up guides on the Internet to finish it.

Associate
The only thing I am concerned about is whether the puzzles get totally obscure the further you get. I managed to do the first few screens myself but I wouldn't want to be forced to look up guides on the Internet to finish it.

There's a two tier hint system. Clicking the light bulb is usually enough to give you the idea. But if you need it you can open a help manual where you have to play through a mini-game (defender style) and then it shows you a full solution. Only had to use that once so far, and I try to avoid it as it is much more satisfying when you eventually figure it out yourself.

Associate
OP
Got this off Steam yesterday. Played through the first 6 or 7 screens and really enjoying it so far. The art work and sound track are amazing, and you get a real sense of achievement when you solve the puzzles and make it to the next area.

Totally agree. The difficulty/sense of achievement actually takes me back to point and clicks that were around in the days of DOS - difficult in places, but makes you feel like kicking yourself when your realise the solution.

A couple of puzzles so far as well that genuinely require you to think, rather than fluke your way through with the tried and trusted method of just trying each item with everything else.

Back
Top Bottom