Roma v CSKA Sofia, Gp E, 20:05
Shakhtar Donetsk v Partizan Belgrade, Gp J, 18:00
Slavia Prague v Lille, Gp B, 20:05
Sporting v Hertha Berlin, Gp D, 20:05
SV Red Bull Salzburg v Villarreal, Gp G, 18:00
Toulouse v Club Brugge, Gp J, 18:00
Valencia v Genoa, Gp B, 20:05
Werder Bremen v Athletic Bilbao, Gp L, 18:00

Some crunching tackles in this Celtic game so far.

1-1

Soldato
Both teams getting a goal out of nothing in Celtic vs Rapid Vienna with Celtic looking the strongest in the first half ( 1-1 ). Referee having a decent game as well.

Would expect Celtic to win tonight if they keep playing the way they did in the first half.

Soldato
Well I think that Celtic will be disappointed with the 1-1 result after dominating the match. Rapid seemed to be happy to sit back with only a few chances and even then only one or two in the box.

Associate
Poor showing from Celtic tonight, Rapids keeper looked shaky but we never really put him under threat.

Samaras is the least enthusiastic striker I think I have ever seen and I'm not sure what has happened to Scott Brown but he sold us short a number of times tonight.

All the remaining games are must win now which is easier said than done with a double header against Hamburg.

Soldato
I though Celtic played well overall but it looked like a tiring game which doesnt bode well for the OF game with only 2 full days rest.

Our problem was not taking more of the many chances that were created. That Vienna team are a decent side by the way.

Soldato
Chris Smalling is actually a better defender than Brede Hangeland, hmm... Good game overall, referee/linesmen were absolutely shocking however. Good goal though.

Soldato
Poor showing from Celtic tonight, Rapids keeper looked shaky but we never really put him under threat.

Exactly how I saw it Vienna looked happy to settle for a point.

In second half I counted 2 saves the keeper had to make that were of any quality. Likewise at other end not a lot happening. Wife thought McGreedy was well greedy. He seemed to be runing with his head down and not looking for a final pass last night.

Soldato
Just remembered, glad Schwarzer wasn't injured... we have two fit goalkeepers within our whole club at the moment, the second wasn't registered for the Europa League, Gera was the sub goalie for us yesterday :p

Back
Top Bottom