Never Mind The Buzzcocks

Soldato
He left to concentrate on his standup last year.

I think Noel is now Bills replacement forever.

The show wasn't very funny tonight atall...

EDIT: Infact...

The new series will begin on October 1st[7]. Noel Fielding becomes a permanent captain while upcoming guest hosts include Alex James, Dermot O'Leary, Jack Whitehall, Rhod Gilbert, David Walliams, Frank Skinner, James Corden and Mark Watson, as Simon Amstell has left the show to focus on other aspects of his career[8]

Associate
He quit to do other things :(

James Cordon was awful, he's really not the sort of person that should be presenting NMTB. Luckily we don't have to suffer that again!

Noel is fine though, he's a good enough replacement for Bill.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I'm afraid I'd have to disagree, Mark Lamarr was an amazing host, Simon Amstell was merely acceptable. Of the guest hosts the only one I've got anything more than vague hopes for is Rhod Gilbert but I'll try and catch it when it is repeated as I missed this show.

Associate
Rhod Gilbert is the only one from the list I'm looking forward to. Frank Skinner might surprise me and be good. I don't have much hope for the rest of them.

New host needed ASAP!

...or just bring back Mark Lamarr, I miss seeing him on TV.

Soldato
Mark Lamarr is and always will be the best, like Sean Connery will always be the best Bond. Amstell was a nice change but his presenting technique just declined into insulting the guests towards the end, sometimes it was funny but often, uncomfortable.

Soldato
Epic Fail tonight.

It's lost it's edge. Original line-up of Lamarr, Jupitus and Sean Hughes was excellent and after a slightly shaky start Bill Bailey was an excellent replacement for Sean Hughes.

Then Lamarr left and the rot set in. Simon Amstell found his feet and things picked up, even if he was rather too insulting to the guests.

Now it's just ... crap. I've got little motivation to remember to watch or record it.

Soldato
Thought it was carp without Amstell, he made that show brilliant. While Fielding is good, he isn't a patch on Bailey either.

Still, not all bad as I'm off to see Amstell in York in a couple of months.

Soldato
Simon Amstell found his feet and things picked up, even if he was rather too insulting to the guests.

That's the great thing about Amstell, he's a skinny little weakling, with a stupid fashion sense, so you know it's a joke and nothing to get offended over.

Soldato
Thought it was quite entertaining tonight; clearly in a minority :D

Then again, I've not had the inevitable overdose of Corden or Fielding that people with TVs must be getting at the moment.

Heck, I'm not particularly a fan of either, but the ease at which they collapsed into giggling fits was fun to watch. Fielding's comment about that Paloma girl's outfit was spot on, too :D

Yeah, guest hosting is very lazy, and it doesn't allow for in-jokes and referential observations to develop, but it's mostly entertaining, and you know that there's bound to be one or two guest hosts that work really well, like Jack Dee did with HIGNFY.

My hopes aren't high for Rhod Gilbert, mind. Love his stand-up, but I don't think panel shows play to his strengths.

Back
Top Bottom