Car getting Keyed!

Associate
I need advice on a good security camera that works good in the night.

For the past 5 months some total gaf keeps scratching my car! I really didn't want to have to go and buy a camera, but it looks like I have no other option!

Any advice on what to do? Anyone been in the same situation?

What cheap camera can I get, that's good enough quality to be able to see the face of the gash head who's doing this?

I would love to know who it is, and I can't wait to find out!

Associate
or, make your car run through the mains electric, and when they scratch it with a (house) key, they will be electricuted, and die, then you know who your man is

Soldato
or, make your car run through the mains electric, and when they scratch it with a (house) key, they will be electricuted, and die, then you know who your man is
This. But lower the current so it just gives them a shock that will scare them away :p
But, of course, still invest in a camera so you can throw the vid on youtube :D

Capodecina
Soldato
This question seems to come up quite frequently, try having a look at:
Life >> Motors >> Car security!​
and/or
Hardware >> General Hardware >> Home security cameras​

Associate
OP
I'll check out the car security thread! I'm in desperate need of a camera!

It seems to happen only very late at night / early hours in the morning. I've stayed up late peeking out the window but unfortunately every time I check and stay up nothing happens :(

I've got a garage, however it's full of crap and I can't fit a car in there :D

Permabanned
Buy something like a Hyundai i10 so they just think a washing machine has been dumped outside your house instead. If your car is older than 10 years, even more of a win here as you'll get a discount never possible otherwise!

Soldato
One cheaper possibility is, in the evening, tape a digital voice recorder to the underside of the car on the side where it keeps being scratched. These generally have around 72 hours' or so recording time, but it'll take some trawling over a while to go through it.

Eventually, you'll catch their voices and see if you recognise them. You may also be able to map time patterns for their arrival so can catch them in the act.

Soldato
^

Gives me idea. Get a baby monitor and attach it to the car somewhere hidden but so that a key scratch is audiable. And have the other walke talkie next to you through-out the night. You'll hear the scratch as it takes place and can run out and bat the ****ers.

Back
Top Bottom