eBay Advice

Associate
I don't sell much on eBay, so I'd appreciate advice from more experienced users.

The auction for an expensive camera lens I'm selling has just closed. In the item text I made it very clear that I only wanted UK bidders and would only ship within the UK. Needless to say the winning bidder is in Poland, and I haven't the first idea how much it would cost to ship the item to him, having it tracked and insured etc. For sure it would cost a darn site more than good old Special delivery.

Apparently there's a way to restrict bidding to UK-only members, but I didn't know about that until I chanced upon it a couple of mins ago.

Any advice on what to do? Can I make a second chance offer to the second highest bidder who is in the UK?

Soldato
I would send an email to the winner explaining that you are willing to send it insured and recorded to a UK address as per your auction, and hope he says its not possible and you can second chance.
Next time use the UK only option to avoid the hassles, I wouldn't risk sending the lens to Poland.

Associate
OP
Thanks guys, good advice.

I've been in touch with the winner (who has a grand total of 2 ebay interactions) and he's blanked my request for a verified UK address, so I'm going with the second chance thing. And next time I'll find the cpl option to prevent this from happening in the first place!

Associate
could it be he is polish , but lives in the UK, have been selling things and several winning bids have come from people with polish and other overseas accounts, but have varified UK addresses....just a thought

bullit

Associate
OP
could it be he is polish , but lives in the UK, have been selling things and several winning bids have come from people with polish and other overseas accounts, but have varified UK addresses....just a thought

Yup and obviously if that were the case here it'd be fine, but the verified address in the eBay notification - and the only address he wants me to send the lens to - is in Poland.

Soldato
if your listing clearly says UK bidders only, you are not obliged to send anywhere else other than the UK, as mentioned above cancel his bid and let the next winning bidder have the option of buying it or not.

Also, there is a message board dedicated to ebay which will help, and give you more direct answers ;)

Soldato
I would send an email to the winner explaining that you are willing to send it insured and recorded to a UK address as per your auction, and hope he says its not possible and you can second chance.
Next time use the UK only option to avoid the hassles, I wouldn't risk sending the lens to Poland.

This.

Back
Top Bottom