Winter is coming...

Soldato
...and electricity is cheaper than gas. So I'm gonna go for my first ever overclock.

Just wanted to know how people dealt with their first. Were you supervised? I can't manage that, my computer monkey likes 350 miles away now. Did you have a solid idea of exactly what you were doing? Not just the steps, but the theory behind it? My knowledge of computing is limited to that which allows me to sneer at the leyman, but I always like to try new things. I'm just hoping the Corsair H50 goes on TWO soon.

Permabanned
There's not really much theory behind it and it's pretty much risk free unless you're really stupid.

Soldato
OP
Good. That's... yeah. Reassuring. Now not only is my rig on the line, but my groundless superiority complex, too. I could lose it all in one fell keystroke.

Associate
well the problem comes from when you over do it and it fails to boot,, as long as you know the procedure for hardware reseting the bios then go for it, you cant really kill anything,.. although I have found it to be usefull to have a spare computer that can access the internet to ask for help on forums like this.

bullit

taB

taB

Associate
Thought this thread would be about George Martin getting off his backside and finishing that book.

Back
Top Bottom