Reasonable good Sat-Nav

Associate
Hi all, I'm in the market for getting a Sat-Nav, not wanting to spend to much on it, have looked at Halfords website for ideas, but there are hundreds, where to start?

Budget of £100

Associate
OP
well these have all got me thinking, sounds like Tomtom's are the way I might want to go. Like the look of the go 520, a little more than I want to pay, so maybe a Tomtom one...

Associate
I picked up a tomtom one with IQ routes, v. 5 software, from a large green supermerket chain cheaper than all the rest, not sure if I was allowed to name it or not hence the clues, if you want to know just email me.

Associate
i much prefer garmins, but i suppose its just personal taste, go into halfords or somewhere similar and ask to have a play with a tomtom and a garmin, either way, dont get anything other than those two if you want reliability. All the others will be back to the place of purchase within a month.

Associate
OP
Well just seen a few go 510's on ebay, they sound pretty good, with the bluetooth handsfree and the fm transmitter for the ipod. As I use one of them already in the car, having that on the sat nav would make charging easier as the transmitter I have needs to be plugged in to work. Any one with one of these?

Associate
OP
Ok discussed with hte wife, our budget has gone up, £150 so im looking at the go 520's just want to make sure before I buy one that the fm transmitter is actually part of this model. I have heard people say its been disabled in the UK or something?

Capodecina
Soldato
Ok discussed with hte wife, our budget has gone up, £150 so im looking at the go 520's just want to make sure before I buy one that the fm transmitter is actually part of this model. I have heard people say its been disabled in the UK or something?
So, THREE x NaviGo 3½" v3 with TurboDog v6 UK maps @ £45 each.

Alternatively just buy the one and spend the £105 saved on treating the wife :D

Back
Top Bottom