New addition to Stelly's House....

Don
Hey All,

I have wanted one for years, and respect the breed a lot, bought a house not too long ago and now we both decided that we wanted a dog, and she didnt mind the breed, which I was more than happy to choose.... anyway here she is....

vn8j.jpg

Her name is Judy, she is around 60kgs, very nicely tempered, doesnt bat an eyelid at another dog, but is very stubborn and strong willed, like the breed, and never ever does as she is told, but I will get that out of her yet!

We are feeding her on some none bleached tripe with garlic, green suppliment, bran, and cod liver oil... doesnt smell that bad to be honest and she likes it a lot...

All I have to do now is show my parents!

Stelly

Don
OP
Yes I do agree with that, we had the misses family around, she didnt go near them untill she was called, and then curled up by their feet and fell asleep, she doesnt bark at all... good as gold, but doesnt like going to bed... shes 2 and half just incase people wondered :)

Stelly

Associate
Historically the tails of Rottweilers were docked (cut off) Not sure of the reason.... It's illegal now in the UK and other countries, but it still happens. Both ours have only a few inch stump. Tbh that tail looks long for a docked tail, but I guess it can vary.

Last edited:
Soldato
One of those big buggers had an argument with my mutt a few hours ago, dunno what it was about, but they were both quite keen at shouting at each other through the fence. :D

What breed of dog is it? They're beautiful, the one I saw earlier had a cool throaty bark. Affectionate thing though, was licking my hand when I went to pat it.

Don
OP
Lovely dog stelly:cool:, what happened to her tail:(?

As Tonyator said, its still practiced in this country even though its illegal, we decided to get a rescue rotty, she was found in a yard were she use to live on a towel, no bed, bought for breeding, but never fed consisantly and every breeder knows that a bitch will not breed if they are not fed correctly.

She was underweight when she was rescued, better now but still needs to put some more on and build her strength in her back legs as she was never walked...

Stelly

Don
OP
One of those big buggers had an argument with my mutt a few hours ago, dunno what it was about, but they were both quite keen at shouting at each other through the fence. :D

What breed of dog is it? They're beautiful, the one I saw earlier had a cool throaty bark. Affectionate thing though, was licking my hand when I went to pat it.

She is quite big, but we saw bigger, a friend has one who is 3 years old stood up on his hind legs is about 5'11 and wieghs 120Kgs, I only weigh 95! massive!

Stelly

Associate
One of ours was miss treated.... her back legs aren't very good either, and they never will be... tbh she looks like a more like a Doberman than a Rottweiler. Her sister on the other hand is a big beast.

Soldato
As Tonyator said, its still practiced in this country even though its illegal, we decided to get a rescue rotty, she was found in a yard were she use to live on a towel, no bed, bought for breeding, but never fed consisantly and every breeder knows that a bitch will not breed if they are not fed correctly.

She was underweight when she was rescued, better now but still needs to put some more on and build her strength in her back legs as she was never walked...

Stelly

Glad you rescued her she does look like a smashing dog:cool:. I have only had the pleasure of properly meeting a couple of Rottweilers and both were great experiences, just a shame that they get labeled as a viscous breed:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Don
OP
Glad you rescued her she does look like a smashing dog:cool:. I have only had the pleasure of properly meeting a couple of Rottweilers and both were great experiences, just a shame that they get labeled as a viscous breed:rolleyes:

I agree, they are mostly have a good temperment, but you have to be strict with them from an early age.

We still have work to do with her, she is not great on the lead at the moment, but she is getting there...

Stelly

Soldato
I agree, they are mostly have a good temperment, but you have to be strict with them from an early age.

We still have work to do with her, she is not great on the lead at the moment, but she is getting there...

Stelly

They tend to get a little touchy in the heat but nice animal Stelly a friend of mine owned 2 lovely beasts of that breed he's a member on here he probably post tomorrow.

Don
OP
They tend to get a little touchy in the heat but nice animal Stelly a friend of mine owned 2 lovely beasts of that breed he's a member on here he probably post tomorrow.

Thanks dude, she loves lying in the sun and actually moves around the room with it which is fun to watch while nothing is on TV :)

Stelly

RJC

RJC

Don
Lovely friend there :)

We got our German Shepherd from a broken home and she never did what she was told, got better over time though! :p

Soldato
Nice one mate she looks like a happy dog. Everyone always wants a puppy so its good to see folk adopting adult dogs.

Got a big horrible Lab last year and shes just as stubborn. Good as gold around the house but once she gets out for a walk she just makes me her b*tch!

Associate
Nice pooch there but don't get overfeeding: 50kg is a good weight 60kg is overweight and 120kg is abuse!

And 120kgs is bullcrap:D...some people always have friends or friends of friends that have a rotty the size of a small horse...as stated 50kg is a good weight for a rotty.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Looks a bright dog to me but over weight, I'm sure now you have her & with a regular diet & exercise she will be as she should in no time.
Kudos to you for taking on an older dog. :cool:
With the right Master Rottys make Brilliant pets, My mates is the most chilled disciplined big dog I've ever met.

Back
Top Bottom