Taxing a new car

Soldato
Was ment to be picking up my type r tomorrow....however the garage can't tax it because they don't have proof of my insurance. Fair enough i will bring it over today...oh no wait it was sent first class to me on wednesday and it hasn't turned up. So they can't tax it.

I have a faxed copy of my insurance, proving i am insured. Would this be accepted to tax a car?

Soldato
OP
Even if i ring the insurance company WHILE im there and get them to fax directly to the garage?

What is the reason for not accepting a fax copy?

Soldato
I got one of those 7 day free insurance thingys from the garage for my car, phoned them up and they emailed to covering letter to the garage and it was taxed when I turned up the next day to pick it up.

Think it was Aviva who did it?

Soldato
OP
I got one of those 7 day free insurance thingys from the garage for my car, phoned them up and they emailed to covering letter to the garage and it was taxed when I turned up the next day to pick it up.

Think it was Aviva who did it?

Yeh i went to get that, however they won't insure me because i'm not 25:rolleyes:

Soldato
Yeh i went to get that, however they won't insure me because i'm not 25:rolleyes:

Find someone who is over 21. I got my mum to do it, I was still insured through either DOC or my actually policy that I'd taken out that hadn't come through the post, so I used that to drive it and my mums 7 days free insurance so the garage could tax it.

They need proof the car is insured, not the car is insured to you iirc.

Associate
I had no trouble getting the free 7 day insurance for my Type-R (bought from Honda who use Zurich) recently (21) so they could tax the car for me. :confused:

Back
Top Bottom