How crap is the Asus site?

Soldato
Jesus, when I had a Gigabyte mobo I thought their site was rubbish but the Asus site beats it by a slow country mile.

It's just taken me half an hour to eventually get to what I want to download and now that I've got there it's going to take 12.5 hours to download a 302mb file. Also what's the point of having a download link from China if it does nothing?

Where is that AsusRep rep guy who posted here a few days ago? If you're reading this you also need to know that there are other screen resolutions beyond 1024 * 768 :mad:

Any rant over, I'm over to calm down in the Motors section :D

EDIT: Hmm, rant over, the DLM links now seem to work and that's only going to take 15 mins to hopefully bring the file down.

Last edited:
Soldato
Hi, I have done a lot of downloading from the Asus site in the past and now just yesterday and I found it has improved greatly. However, like NV, Realtek etc, who are just as bad if not worse, it will always suffer because of the huge number of people wanting to access it...
Chris

Associate
Was only slow downloading latest BIOS from the update section on the mobo disk. The first reccomendation from where to download had rediculous d/l times. Switched to the next one and it took 2 mins at most.

Associate
The website was updated recently to become more user friendly, though there is still a lot of work that needs to be done in other areas. (Bringing the support site up to date).

I always find the DLM links work fastest for me.

Soldato
Both Asus and Gigabyte are fine for me.

I use Google Chrome. I hate Internet Explorer, too slow, and I just don't seem to be able to use firefox as easily. And never us safari.

Well, the safari for my phones, but then again I have no choice :)

Back
Top Bottom