*** Dell UltraSharp U2410 24" Widescreen LCD Monitor @ £447.99 inc VAT ***

Associate
I must've been lucky with my U2410, no dead pixels, and only a very slight tint effect (nothing that bothers me too much - but as I said before, this one will do me for another two years). I did get mine direct from Dell on the first batch available.

One thing I'm tempted for though, is to swap out when the new firmware is available.

Associate
replacement arrived.

Perfect, No backlight bleed, No tint................Oh, 3 bright red pixels.

KILL ME!!

Also, the original unit is now developing stuck pixels. It has gone from none to 3.

Last edited:
Associate
Funny thing is, people on other forums are saying we're fussy because we expect so much from our monitors. In truth, the TN panels i've owned in the past had none of these issues.

I might just give up and get a rubbish screen, might cause less stress at least :(

Associate
Funny thing is, people on other forums are saying we're fussy because we expect so much from our monitors. In truth, the TN panels i've owned in the past had none of these issues.

I might just give up and get a rubbish screen, might cause less stress at least :(

Which other forums?

Soldato
Mine arrived today from Dell. Weirdly I can't notice any tint with a white screen, though I probably wouldn't be as fussy as some users on this forum, and would only use normal mode and gaming mode. Also no stuck or dead pixels. 1st time I've got lucky with a Dell screen like this.

Associate
Just recevied my third monitor.

Worse than the previous two. Yellow/green tint over entire left-hand side of the screen (particularly bad along the top). Only a little red on the right.

Once again, no problematic pixels.

Now I have three...

Soldato
So with all these problems being reported in this thread,is this monitor still worth buying as an upgrade from my dell 2405 ???

Or could you guys recommend another better monitor then this dell U2410 ??

Associate
The 2405 is rather dated. I would wait and see what the NEC 23" ips is like but like me you may hate the idea of 16:9. If that is the case you should wait and see what comes next.

Soldato
I think this panel for HP 2475W, U2410 is not good?

Why no reports for that PHILIPS model?

I was about to buy this one, but after many negativity maybe i wont.

Last edited:
Associate
I was also looking to upgrade from my old my faithful Samsung 226BW (s) to 24" but I think I'll give this one a miss. Just seems to be a little bit too much wayward QC on these panels

Soldato
The 2405 is rather dated. I would wait and see what the NEC 23" ips is like but like me you may hate the idea of 16:9. If that is the case you should wait and see what comes next.
Yes...think i want to try stick with 16:10 if i can.........

As i don't really want to upgrade to a lower res monitor (or should that be downgrade :p)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom