Is this video for real?!? Hyabusa 220mph!

Soldato
yea but hes right in that once you hit 200+ its probably like riding into a wall. you would need to more than double the bikes BHP and add a shedload of aerodynamic mods to get from 200mph to 250mph.

some good videos on youtube of people hitting those speeds on the strip. and also of the air winning and people being blown off the bikes :eek: staying on the bike and hitting those speeds is supposed to be an art form. need to bend yourself into the most aerodynamic shapes possible whilst still having control.

Last edited:
Associate
looks a bit slow. event his one looks faster . a good watch though. its blooming amazing how quick the speedo flys round to 300kmh . shames he not got it de restricted as they do 300 with still a gear to go IIRC :p :eek:

seems like all the turbod ones are dissapearing from youtube. probably because its so easy for them to get caught from it :(

oh and only reason i posted that instead of busa was because the speedos GPS so you could get accurate judgement of the speed

I used to own one of these. Very fast. I think I had 160 out of it once or twice but run out of road. The one thing I do rememeber is hitting the bottom of sliproads entering onto the carriagway doing 150mph. That was very easy. Got tired of putting tyres on it every 1000 miles tho.

Associate
Look at the rev counter, the speedo is up against the stop!

:rolleyes:

Busa derestricted will easily make that speed, but not that quickly, I suspect the gearing has been changed.

A derestricted busa wont even do 200mph letalone 220mph [ no stock bike will ]
you need other mods to crack the 200mph barier

Associate
Do they really eat tyres that much ? i have the zzr1200 and have done about 1200 miles with not to bad a wear on the rear or front but was looking at a zzr1400.

The OE tyres lasted about a 1000 miles for me. I then started putting 020's on there and it did about 2500-3000.

Back
Top Bottom