HP LP2475w, IPS 24" Official Thread! (Now Available from OcUK)

Associate
what do you mean seems end of life? I agree about the overpriced part. Think im gonna wait and see if anything better comes on the market in the next 6 months or so or if the HP comes down in price.

Associate
what do you mean seems end of life? I agree about the overpriced part. Think im gonna wait and see if anything better comes on the market in the next 6 months or so or if the HP comes down in price.

The fact that it came out in 2008 and has been out for almost 18 months now which is pretty much the lifespan for most consumer products. Plus the fact that it is only in stock at Overclockers whilst the Dell is readily available, a couple of other retailers are actually showing it as being disscontinued.

Of course this second point could just be that the HP really is the better buy over the Dell and is just sold out everywhere. Or I may just be wishing that...

Unfortunately I couldn't really wait 6 months to replace my 2407, but if the panel turns out to be a duffer I'll go for the cheaper Samsung 24" and see what happens.

Associate
Screen got delivered half an hour ago (thanks OC) and so I've quickly plugged it into my Mac here at the office to test.

No noticeable dead pixels and no noticeable colour tint issues. :) I'll check for dead pixels again at home later, but I'm not going to start trying to find this colour tint issue if I've not noticed anything straight away!

Associate
Got the screen back home, plugged in and setup, and I have a pixel defect. :mad: Seems to be one stuck on red about 4 inches down from the top and three in from the right hand side so not ignorable (certainly now I know it's there). So looks like it's being returned as per HPs policy (0 dead pixels, 0 bright sub-pixel defects).

Anyone know if I have to go through HP or can I just arrange return with OC?

The stand is huge too - pushes the screen at least 2" forward versus the Dell 2407 it's meant to replace.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
That looks excellent, certainly will have a look at it if I get the chance and am glad to see it's native sRGB and not wide gamut.

Nice!

Edit*

Ah 24" max only, thought they would release a 26" one too but seems 22" and 24" in this class along with some smaller "Eco" models to match.

Damn.

Last edited:
Associate
The fact that it came out in 2008 and has been out for almost 18 months now which is pretty much the lifespan for most consumer products.

I am abit confuse, so what if its reaching the end of life? High-end monitors price doesn't drop too much and the new zr24w doesn't look that much better anyway? is it worth it waiting for the zr24w or should I go for LP2475w, let me know what you guys think

Last edited:
Associate
Just got one of these today from OcUK, all fine so far :) No dead pixels and no tint, but I ain't as fussy and so not looking too hard for it.

Wonderful after I calibrated with my Eye-One 2 ;)

Firmware GIG 077 - Poland - December 2009

kar

kar

Associate
Just checking in too. Mine did have an apparent tint, but it didn't terribly bother me that much. No dead pixels and quite a uniform backlight too.

Affter 136 backlight hours on it now, I have to say the tint is either gone, or I just can't see it anymore. So something to bear in mind.

I'm using fw 076, poland made too.

Quite happy with this monitor despite the hefty price.

Associate
Does someone know how could i remove the lcd front frame, that's because a button gets stuck,.. it seems sealed no screws at all, and i don't wanna call for a replacement for such a simple thing like this!

P.S Never mind service manual found "hp products end-of-life disassembly instructions" at hp website!

Last edited:
Associate
Anyone else using displayport found some weird behaviour?

For example when I was using DVI-D I had the monitor setup to switch off after 4hours. So after 4 hours it would go into monitor sleeping. But on Displayport, the monitor goes into a state as if it's recieving a signal but it display nothing, so the screen is black but "on".

Associate
Anyone else using displayport found some weird behaviour?

For example when I was using DVI-D I had the monitor setup to switch off after 4hours. So after 4 hours it would go into monitor sleeping. But on Displayport, the monitor goes into a state as if it's recieving a signal but it display nothing, so the screen is black but "on".

I am planning on buying this to connect to my Mac Mini via display port. Has it been confirmed that there is an issue with the display port connection while monitor goes to sleep?

Ta
Nick

kar

kar

Associate
I am planning on buying this to connect to my Mac Mini via display port. Has it been confirmed that there is an issue with the display port connection while monitor goes to sleep?

Ta
Nick

The display port on the back of the monitor is the 'fat' display port. To be honest, I'd just buy the apple mini display port to dvi. That's how I plug my macbook pro into the monitor.

To answer your question though I've never tried using the port.

Associate
Gents,

Having had this beauty for a best part of a year -- yes, ordered from OcUK of course! -- I am tempted to get a PS3 (that 320GB bundle is awfully nice). However, I have still not found a way to take HDMI audio from this monitor and input it into my computer soundcard/speakers/headphones that use good old 3.5mm stereo jacks.

Would someone please be kind enough to point me in the direction of the correct equipment to achieve the above? Has anyone here had success in doing what I am aspiring to do?

Many thanks in advance :)

Soldato
Gents,

Having had this beauty for a best part of a year -- yes, ordered from OcUK of course! -- I am tempted to get a PS3 (that 320GB bundle is awfully nice). However, I have still not found a way to take HDMI audio from this monitor and input it into my computer soundcard/speakers/headphones that use good old 3.5mm stereo jacks.

Would someone please be kind enough to point me in the direction of the correct equipment to achieve the above? Has anyone here had success in doing what I am aspiring to do?

Many thanks in advance :)

I think you need to tell the ps3 not to send audio via hdmi. Set it up so that it goes through rca and hook it up to y lead with 3.5mm jack into the line in, maybe it will work but never tried it.

Associate
I think you need to tell the ps3 not to send audio via hdmi. Set it up so that it goes through rca and hook it up to y lead with 3.5mm jack into the line in, maybe it will work but never tried it.
Thank you for your reply.

Yep, I forgot that you can choose which way the audio goes from a PS3. However, I'm not sure how this simplifies my situation. It just means I would need to go from optical to stereo jack as opposed to coaxial RCA to stereo jack. Does anyone know of the suitable equipment to achieve this?

Many thanks.

Back
Top Bottom