Happiest day of my year (maybe life)

Soldato
I passed my motorbike test and i can officially ride any bike i want so.......
I went out and bought a brand new Honda Hornet CB600FA9:D
The only bad news is i cant have it until 3 weeks later when its registered with 10 plates:)

Soldato
Welcome to the club! Just make sure the roads have been dry for a while before picking it up. I picked up my new bike last year at this time of year and didnt realise they had been gritting a few days before. Salt + Bikes = :(

At least you bought a Honda so won't have to feel the wrath of Fireskull with his hatred of Kawasakis!! I used to disagree with him until mine broke down last week, has cost me £200 and still isn't working yet! Wish I had gone for a Honda too...

Soldato
OP
Since day one of my motorbike training (late october) i always said i wanted a hornet. During this time my trainers have had lots of different bikes for me to play on like a bandit,fazer etc and i always liked the hornet the most.

This might sound a bit silly but passing this test and getting this new bike has opened up a whole new exciting chapter in my life (does that sound silly) i have been invited to 2 bike runs in april and made some biker friends, what next a biker girlfriend (*read as girlfriend:p*)
Does that make sense to any of you guys, did you feel like that over owning a motorbike or is it me just still running high on excitment:D

Anyway maybe Ocuk could have a bike meet this year, id be well up for it;)

spp

spp

Associate
Congrats! I used to ride a hornet and loved it. I've been riding for 7 years and still feel as excited about it as the day I passed my test. Have fun and ride safe.

Soldato
Congrats, would love to ride a bike but I personally think I can't be trusted with something like that yet, perhaps in 5-10 years :), would probably have an accident very soon myself on a bike considering I nearly lost control of a slow 50cc moped once.

Ride careful and don't get overconfident and assume people don't see you :).

Soldato
Welcome to the club! Just make sure the roads have been dry for a while before picking it up. I picked up my new bike last year at this time of year and didnt realise they had been gritting a few days before. Salt + Bikes = :(

At least you bought a Honda so won't have to feel the wrath of Fireskull with his hatred of Kawasakis!! I used to disagree with him until mine broke down last week, has cost me £200 and still isn't working yet! Wish I had gone for a Honda too...

meh, I've had loads of bikes and the only ones that have let me down at the side of the road were my Hondas. CBR600 with a dodgy fuel diaphram and Blackbird HISS imobilizer problem.

Much prefer Kawks and Suzukis as whilst the finish might not be quite as good (although the gap is narrowing) they dont engineer the excitement out of the bike like Honda have a habit of doing.

That said, the Hornet is a very nice bike. I toured southern Spain on a hired one last year and the power/handling was just perfect for those roads.

Soldato
OP
Just a little update:
I went down to pay for the bike, plus i traded my 125cc in so thats all done.
I bought myself a big beefy chain lock (monster i think its called at £114) and for being a good customer this week he threw in a £30 disc lock for free:)

Back
Top Bottom