RSPCA are useless can you help? My can nearly killed a sparrow

Associate
I managed to stop my cat from killing a sparrow; it flew away and flew right into the fence knocking it into shock. The poor little bugger blinks but does not move. For now I put it in the rabbit hutch were its shaded and protected from other animals and given it water in case its thirsty. I given the RSPCA a call but there service was useless so now I thought I’d come on here to seek advice.

Am I doing the right thing? What can I do to help get the little chap flying again? I don’t think he’s seriously hurt and he’s not bleeding.

Thanks

Soldato
I managed to stop my cat from killing a sparrow; it flew away and flew right into the fence knocking it into shock. The poor little bugger blinks but does not move. For now I put it in the rabbit hutch were its shaded and protected from other animals and given it water in case its thirsty. I given the RSPCA a call but there service was useless so now I thought I’d come on here to seek advice.

Am I doing the right thing? What can I do to help get the little chap flying again? I don’t think he’s seriously hurt and he’s not bleeding.

Thanks

Poor cat, give it back to him/her to play with.

Associate
Hold its head tight in your hand and crack its neck like a whip.
Fastest, easiest and most humane.
Its pretty inhumane to try and keep it going in the pain its in tbh.

Associate
OP
ohh well, after 30 minutes of letting him get over the shock in the hutch, I decided to carry the blanket out, which he then happily enough decided to fly away. Just proves how nice some of you guys are!!!

you can delete this thread now.

Back
Top Bottom