The Shield any good

Soldato
I got the whole series in one big boxset on its way, but im not sure if its any good:p
I still remember watching the very first episode years ago (the only episode ive seen) and it seemed really gritty and not hold back. I still remember seeing the main cop (bold guy) wake some guy around with a phone book.

Soldato
It's awesome. I remember the episode in season 4 when they dress up as gang members and rob their own evidence van, proper gripping stuff. When Forest Whitaker joins in season 5 it gets even better. I really must watch the last two series.

Soldato
The only thing I would say is bad about it is that it moves so fast its sometimes difficult to follow. Don't watch it if you're tired or distracted

Associate
One of the best shows ever made, forget tripe like Lost and Heroes and go for something amazing like The Shield.

It's a rollercoaster ride all the way through to the end and it tends to get more and more intense as each season passes, the stakes get higher and the tension is huge.

Fantastic side characters too, most think it's just about the strike team, but who can forget Dutch and Claudette? A wonderful duo.

Soldato
The Shield, along with Deadwood and Soprano's is in my top 5 of shows, even though I was sad it ended I'm glad it did as it would have just gotten ridiculous but the makers kept their integrity and gave it a great ending.

As Avec said, the side characters are great too, in fact Dutch is my favourite character in the show!

Associate
Probably one of the best, most involved and intense series i've ever seen.

This.

The Shield is awesome and the ending is just fantastic, i don't think Ive had as much a sense of closure in any other show.

One of the latter series is pretty slow (I think it was 6?) but overall it really is brilliant.

My favorite character in it would probably be Shane Vendrell, didn't really like him at first but some of the latter stuff is just heart wrenching.

Man of Honour
Watched the first couple of series a few years ago and loved it, but stopped watching for some reason so I'm planning on watching it all from the begining over the next few weeks

Associate
Loved the show, i did feel it went downhill a little after the third season though. Picked up again toward the end though and those first few seasons were amazing.

Back
Top Bottom