The Shield any good

Soldato
Amazing TV.

Seriously you won't be dissapointed.

It non-stop from start to finish.

It's also the only tv show thats ever made me properly upset (i'm sure those who've watched it will know which season finale i'm talking about)

The final episodes are just incredible and you'd never see the end coming

Soldato
The Shield is absolutely amazing...pretty brutal in places but amazing!

Definitely one of my favourites along with The West Wing.

I'd heard good things about The Wire mentioned above so rented it...have to say I had real trouble getting into the first episodes...there was so much street talk it was difficult to undersand even with subtitles on.

Me and the misses were sat taking turns going :confused::mad::(:confused:

Does it improve over time? I don't think we got past the first disc.

Associate
The Shield is absolutely amazing...pretty brutal in places but amazing!

Definitely one of my favourites along with The West Wing.

I'd heard good things about The Wire mentioned above so rented it...have to say I had real trouble getting into the first episodes...there was so much street talk it was difficult to undersand even with subtitles on.

Me and the misses were sat taking turns going :confused::mad::(:confused:

Does it improve over time? I don't think we got past the first disc.

The Wire maintains realistic dialogue throughout the show, including street slang.

I didn't find it very difficult to understand, nor did anyone else I've recommended it to. You certainly have to concentrate when watching it, but that's because there is a lot going on with many narratives - something most people aren't used to with conventional shows like 24, House and Lost etc.

It's probably the best Drama show ever made and is well worth putting the effort in to watch it all the way through.

Soldato
Bump!

Had some spare time at work so decided to start watching this so been spending most of my work day watching the shield. Only started last week and already half way through series three - I love it!

I wouldnt say it is gripping or as intense like the wire, but its faster pace makes up for that and there is plenty of witty lines for example

'Right now Kurn is licking caviar off a hot Czech whore - Im sure he wont be too annoyed'

Associate
I've just recently started watching this and while it's OK I'm not understanding why everyone's getting so excited about it here.

It's no better than any of the other cop shows around IMO. Although i'm only on season 1 ep 5 so maybe it gets better.

Associate
I watched nearly every season back to back and got to a major plot turning point in one of the last seasons (can't remember which now), but while it was bloody fantastic, I found it was literally stressing me out to the point that I just had to stop watching for fear of what might happen next lol.

Soldato
I've just recently started watching this and while it's OK I'm not understanding why everyone's getting so excited about it here.

It's no better than any of the other cop shows around IMO. Although i'm only on season 1 ep 5 so maybe it gets better.

your 5 eps in and you questioning its worth? lol how about you watch at least a season before you start moaning.
the shows amazing, great acting, plots that change a lot but follow a natural arch and very hard hitting. it is a lot better then most other cop shows around (but not the wire)

Associate
One of the best shows ever made
who can forget Dutch and Claudette? A wonderful duo.

+1 for top show I watched them all one after the other when i had a few weeks off work, I was looking for a fix after watching The Wire in one go, this nearly filled it.

Dutch + Cat = OMG tension I realy thought he was going to go over to the dark side :eek: Brillient casting with Claudette ..

Soldato
One of the best tv shows I've ever seen.

I've got The Wire to watch, started watching it not long after finishing The Shield, but it was too much too soon. Need to start watching it at some point.

Back
Top Bottom