*** The Official HTC Desire (Bravo) Thread! ***

Soldato
Edit each contact in Google and then select "groups" (just above the contact info) and choose "remove from my contacts".

This will keep the contact in Google (under all contacts) but remove it from the phone one (once it syncs)

that was where i was going wrong, i thought if i clicked remove from contacts it would kick them out of gmail.

shame for some reason i cant create a group in gmail and then that group and only that group syncs. as it will sync any that is classed as 'my contact'

Soldato
Quicky on Froyo and rooted Desire.

Am I correct in saying that when a standard HTC Froyo update comes out from HTC, rooted users will not be able to update OTA ??

If so, will it mean someone will have to make a vanilla HTC Froyo ROM (as in one from HTC with Sense etc) to download manually and update manually ??

Not looking for the hacked versions available now, specifically referring to a plain Froyo ROM when HTC release theirs.

Soldato
Soldato
Can anyone help me with calendars?

I can't seem to add shared 'interesting' calendars from my google calendars to my phone? I've added England WC games and Chelsea fixtures onto my google calendar as seperate calendars but I can't add them on the phone?

Soldato
Go into your calendar then choose Menu > More > Calendars > Hit menu again > Add Calendar > choose the ones you want.

This should add them to the list. Make sure they are checked and they will appear.

If they are not available to select at step 1, so a full Google sync within the Accounts section of main options.

Soldato
Go into your calendar then choose Menu > More > Calendars > Hit menu again > Add Calendar > choose the ones you want.

This should add them to the list. Make sure they are checked and they will appear.

If they are not available to select at step 1, so a full Google sync within the Accounts section of main options.

Nope they won't come up in that list. From googling its a common problem and there doesn't seem to be a fix.

This makes me a sad panda.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=678460

Soldato
Another thing, anyway for the searched nearby layer to still come up in streetview mode? Works great when you search for pubs near me in the top down map view, but would be amazing in streetview mode with compass. I know the iPhone can do it so I'm a bit miffed I can't work it out on the Desire.

Associate
Quicky on Froyo and rooted Desire.

Am I correct in saying that when a standard HTC Froyo update comes out from HTC, rooted users will not be able to update OTA ??

If so, will it mean someone will have to make a vanilla HTC Froyo ROM (as in one from HTC with Sense etc) to download manually and update manually ??

Not looking for the hacked versions available now, specifically referring to a plain Froyo ROM when HTC release theirs.

Sort of. Those who have rooted but kept everything stock ie stock ROM and recovery but have root access should be able to get the OTA, its only when you flash customised ROMs that you fail to receive OTA's :)

Soldato
have htc 'pulled' the 1.21 update? like another poster on here I decided not to update when I initially got the update(was manual check as it hadn't come up automatically as with the 1.15.04 update), but I tried checking the other day and it's saying there are no updates available(I have a unlocked/unbranded desire bought from cpw on orange payg end of march).

Soldato
Soldato
Paul at MoDaCo has just updated his Desire ROM.

All known issues have been fixed except for camcorder. Not sure how many (so far) unknown problems there are.

Might have to try this ROM out now instead of DeFroST :)

*edit* beaten by a mile :o i should refresh before i post :(

Man of Honour
With BMW iDrive:

The phone pairs with the car and all contacts are transferred. Car contacts dialling, incoming et al work and voice quality is excellent. :)

Soldato
Launcherpro is getting on my **** now, for some reason it can't cope with 2.2 roms and apps that are installed to the SD card seem to randomly disappear from the app drawer, the default 2.2 launcher never has this problem, damn shame as I like LP but I can't keep uninstalling/resintalling it to get apps back.

Back
Top Bottom