Samsung LE40C750 3D tv

Associate
Just purchased a Samsung LE40C750

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/d...02010100&prd_mdl_cd=&prd_mdl_name=LE40C750R2K

Having just purchased this tv and a 1.4 hdmi cable i was excited about playing stardust in HD on my ps3 .
so after i plugged it all in yesterday i expected it just to work after i clicked on the prompt for 3d and activated my glasses and all i got was a black screen with a reduced resolution and clear sound but still no picture .
Also i have tried a 360 elite cable but not sure if that is 1.2 or not :confused:

The features on this tv are brilliant it has a pvr type system built into record tv straight to a plugged in HD through USB also the internet tv is a good add on so is the free view HD as well .
I might just have to send it back if all is not well and ask for a replacement unless im making a noob mistake any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Soldato
You running it through an amp? Sometimes my ps3/tv combo (samsung le40b750) don't work and do the same "no signal" problem whilst still producing sound. Switching the tv off then on again sorts it for me.

Something to do with running the HDMI through the amps HDMI switch.

Man of Honour
I have 2 of them and have no problems. I'm not using PS3's for Blue Ray play back as I bought 2 Sony Blue Ray players to go with them, but I have played PS3 games and all was fine. One thing I did find however is when both players updated to the latest firmware the menu screens would not show via HDMI V1.3 cables! I swapped both over to newer V1.4's and all was fine, very odd but happened on both players on both TV's following the latest firmware updates.

Associate
OP
The tv is not plugged into a amp im afraid all i get is a black screen and the res changing to suit the games needs :(
See if sony's new FW tomorrow will fix it if not will be going out and bying a 1.3 hdmi lead just to see before i send it back .

Looked all over the net for a similar problem or a mistake on the owners part and nothing on just a black screen after selecting 3d game mode .

Been through the manual for a guide or sync option for glasses but been told its as easy as turning them on when it prompts which my ps3 screen does .But then all i get is the same black screen .

19092010585-1.jpg

As far as i know its all set up to go i dont have to adjust my tv set in anyway just leave it standard to the manual .

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm pretty sure all HDMi standards are backwards compatible?

Im not sure, but i think there may be a slight configuration difference, i ran my ps3 with a 1.3HS lead and 3D worked fine.

heres a list of what hdmi 1.4 does.

1. HDMI 1.4 features an integrated Ethernet channel
The new version of HDMI adds a bi-directional IP data channel to allow devices to send and receive data at full Ethernet speeds (ie up to 100Mbps). This basically eliminates the need for a separate Ethernet cable and enables web-capable devices (with HDMI 1.4 connectors) to share their internet connection with other HDMI gadgets. For example, an HDMI 1.4-equipped amp could act as the internet hub of a home cinema system, sharing its broadband access with a connected TV or set-top box.
2. There's support for dual-stream 1080p 3D
HDMI 1.4 defines several 3D formats for HDMI-enabled devices, including 'frame alternative', 'line alternative' and 'field alternative' methods, 'Side by side' methods (full and half) and '2D plus depth' methods. The new specification is also capable of handling dual-stream 3D resolutions up to 1080p. Having already made an impact on the big screen, 3D TV is arguably the 'next big thing' in home entertainment. Sky has recently announced its intention to launch a 3D channel, while 3D gaming experiments have already been conducted on the PC and PS3.
3. HDMI 1.4 supports "extremely high HD resolutions"
Specifically, HDMI 1.4 provides support for 4K x 2K resolutions, which is effectively four times the pixel-perfection of a current 1080p device. This allows HDMI 1.4 to handle digital video in the same resolution as current digital cinema systems. Formats supported by HDMI 1.4 include: 3840 x 2160 pixels at 24Hz, 25Hz and 30Hz; and 4096 x 2160 pixels at 24Hz.

4. There's a new Audio Return Channel...
According to HDMI.org, "in cases where a TV features an internal content source, such as a built-in tuner or DVD player, the Audio Return Channel allows the TV to send audio data upstream to the A/V receiver via the HDMI cable, eliminating the need for an extra cable."
5. … And extended support for color spaces
Specifically, HDMI 1.4 includes support for sYCC601, Adobe RGB, and Adobe YCC601 to enable colours to be more accurately reproduced when viewing digital photos on your digital telly.

6. HDMI 1.4 boasts two new connection options The first new HDMI format is a Micro Connector aimed at bringing HDMI connectivity to dinky devices such as mobile phones, digital cameras and portable media players. The HDMI Micro Connector (designated Type D) retains the original HDMI Connector's 19-pin interface. HDMI 1.4 also specifies a Type E Automotive Connection System to be used in distributing HD content around a vehicle.
7. HDMI 1.4 won't work with your existing HDMI-equipped gear
The official word from HDMI.org is that "most of the new features introduced in HDMI 1.4 will require a new HDMI chip to enable, and cannot be upgraded via firmware." That said, with 3D TV in its infancy and 720p/1080p HD TV only just gaining a consumer foothold, HDMI 1.3 still delivers the goods. You could argue that you don't even need an integrated data channel, as new TVs and set-top boxes are now including Ethernet jacks as standard.
8. You'll need to buy a new high-def TV
It's all very well providing support for 4K x 2K resolutions and 3D, but this means that your current 1080p telly just won't cut it in tomorrow's Ultra HD/3D future.

The ps3 does only one of those, but even then it isnt to full potential, and thats the 3D playback, as it will only do, 1080i and not 1080p due to the speeds of 3D over hdmi.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
cheers for the info peeps ;) will try tomorrow after the update if not get a hdmi 1.3 hs lead and if that fails what other options do i have besides sendings the tv back as faulty really starting to think :eek:

Associate
OP
Did you get a 1.3hs lead ?

everyone i phoned or text messaged did'nt get back to me :( so i will just await the update tonight with my fingers crossed if not im going round a family or friends to do some re-wiring :D
Wont be fixing there pc's in a hurry next time :p:)

picked up ps move over weekend so will be on the hunt tomorrow if 3.5 FW fails.

Once i have it working i will be sure to let you know how it all plays ;)

Soldato
downloaded the update, we dont have any 1.4 leads, as technically there not allowed to b called 1.4 now, just 1.3 and 1.3 high speed.

i used a panasonic lead as it was already set up and it works fine.

Associate
OP
after the update im getting sound then the screen flickers and then stays black even when i turn glasses on . the so called 1.4 hdmi lead plays HD fine i am still yet to try another one , if that dont work im sending it back.

Associate
OP
just tried a lead which works on my friends and it does not work :(
i will put this down to new tech but i phoned samsung up and they said if there was a problem with the set there would be no picture at all , i certainly am not listening to them due to being new tech and the fact i have tried numerous cables and 2 ps3 just in case :p

Now it looks like i will have to send this set back now , looks like im not the only one who has had this problem.
http://www.avforums.com/forums/ps3/1308293-hdmi-cable-problem-samsung-3dtv.html#post13046169

Edit : packing up and sending back for a replacement

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom