Folding@home News 24th September - 1st October 2010

Soldato
Team OcUK Folding@Home News 24th September - 1st October 2010

Current Team Position: 40th
Current Team Score: 370,865,638
Crunched This Week: 5,355,072 (24hr avg. 757,205 (down 8,562 )

Change from Last Week: -51,168

Next on the stomping horizon

DSL Reports Team Helix - 1.2 Years
SAGoons - 1.2 Years
whoopass - 8.5 Months
Team Icrontic.com - 3.7 Months
2CPU.com Folding@Home - 2.9 Months

Teams stomped this week

none

Ones to keep an eye on

awachs - 1.2 Years
Team Geekdo - 10.2 Years

We are currently 25th in team production

This Week's Top Crunchers

1stoctweek.jpg

This Week's Top Stompers

1stoctstomps.jpg

Top 20 Producers (PPD)

1stoctppd.jpg

Milestone Tiffys!!!

If you've got a tiffy show it off!

10,000 Acemodder
10,000 TheFurryOne
5,000 bailtree
5,000,000 rjkoneill
2,500 bailtree
250,000 Psymonkee
2,500 hp7909
5,000 TheFurryOne
10,000 Chillybites
5,000 Chillybites
2,500 Chillybites
5,000 gnetx

This Week's New Members

Loki
ozeri

A warm welcome to the team :)

Info for new people

Help on setting up folding@home:
Stanford Windows SMP Guide
Stanford GPU guide
OcUK SMP guide
Bigadv guide
OcUk F@H Sticky (Warning - fairly out of date now)
F@H Monitoring Programs:
HFM.NET
FahMon
Folding Stats:
EOC Folding Stats
Stanford Stats
Kakao Stats
Stats sigs:
EOC Stats sigs
Fancy image sigs :cool:

------------------------------

Good week guys, the team hit a personal best knocking out over 1million points in a 24hr period.

I've replaced my 4 8800GSs with 2 460s :D in preperation for the shed folders triumphant return to the house. I seem to be getting 8.5-9.5PPD on stock so it will be a nice little increase when I sort the clocks out. They are nice and quiet as well :)

Last edited:

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
thanks for the news dekez

good week Mr Biffa sah :cool:

i am having some very funny output at the moment but OcUK is so busy that i havent had a chance to fold too much. plus my home rig has been mainly off due to hardware swaps.

hopefully i should be back up to strength soon after the arrival of my new cpu and a few changes to my cooling arrangements :)

welcome to the new members

Man of Honour
Thanks for the news dekz.

Well done everyone in the team, we are really motoring now :D

Speaking of speed, your giving me a run for it this week. :cool:

rjk: meh.. did less than last week. Rigs not been stable at all and ones decided to suddenly drop from 30K on a bigadv to 19K for no apparent reason, tried to fix it but its now only getting A3's :confused:

weebeastie keeps throwing a gpu every now and then. Its also raising the ambient temps in the office quite dramatically.

Gotta remember that its dumping the equivalent of 1200W into the loop (215x4+300) which is then getting exhaused out into the room, sort of the same as running one of these in the room 24/7 :eek:
919492-1.jpg

Better throw this old thing in :)

cert-9.jpg

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Nice tiffy dude :cool: My 16mil should be through in a few hours - will post it up when it arrives.

Pretty much up to full production now. Got the third i7 up and running a few days ago at 4.1GHz. It's running Bigadv which gets around 35k ppd on good Bigadv units + around 5k from the 8800GTX. Been getting a few Bigadv WUs on all of the i7s but the last one I had on the 950 rig was a P2684 which has poor ppd (I get more from some of the normal A3 WUs). It dumped that last night and I was hoping for a good one but it has had only SMP WUs since. If all rigs get good ppd WUs, I will have about 130k ppd. So far, best HFM has reported is about 117k (currently 111k). I'll keep my fingers crossed for good WUs.

I'm off to work on Monday so hopefully everything will be fine while I'm away for the month. This will be the last time I'll be able to leave everything running while I'm away as I'll be moving into a new flat in November and there will be nobody to mind the farm while I'm away after that.

Another week with over 5 million team points - well done team :)

Thanks, as always, for the news dekez and a warm Foldy type welcome to the new members :)

FOLD ON TEAM 10 :D

Associate
Thanks for the news dekez

welcome new members

Loving these new WUs on GPU3 my GTX460 s are returnng just over 14000 PPD with them!

I have been mulling over buying a third gtx260 to fit in my main rig - miniyazz has one up for sale in the MM. The other two I have are 55nm and miniyazz's is a 65nm. I am wondering if the 65nm version will make much difference to the heat output of the three cards compared to using a 55nm card bearing in mind they will all be very snug in my rig. Your thoughts please

Last edited:
Soldato
Sorry didge but I sold it now ;)

I'd be interested to hear other's thoughts on your query though as it would seem logical that it would produce more heat/temps but that doesn't seem to be borne out by reviews for some reason. :confused:

Thanks for the news :)

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the news dekez
Loving these new WUs on GPU3 my GTX460 s are returnng just over 14000 PPD with them!

How high have you got your shaders set to? Need to have a play when I've got time tomorrow, cards seem great so far, had a couple of WU giving 12.5k.

For GPU3 is it best to have the advmethods flag set?

Soldato
My output ground to a halt through hardware changes but I'm folding again on 6 cores over 2 pc's.
No GPU folding happening atm but once I get my hands on dezek's old 8800's I'll be back in business!

Man of Honour
How high have you got your shaders set to? Need to have a play when I've got time tomorrow, cards seem great so far, had a couple of WU giving 12.5k.

For GPU3 is it best to have the advmethods flag set?

Yes advmethods seems to help a lot with GPU3

My 460 is on 858/1716/1800 at 975mV

Man of Honour
Funds are lacking and I dont get paid again till the 14th so I'll be out for almost 2 weeks, if anyone has 2gb of DDR3 going spare I would be grateful and could pay you back on when I get paid

Soldato
I don't have 2GB but have 4GB (2x2GB) of sealed Simmtronics PC3-1333 w/ lifetime warranty and receipt. Bought new a couple of weeks ago then bought some used stuff for cheap hours later so it's never been used. £55 if you want it?

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
I don't have 2GB but have 4GB (2x2GB) of sealed Simmtronics PC3-1333 w/ lifetime warranty and receipt. Bought new a couple of weeks ago then bought some used stuff for cheap hours later so it's never been used. £55 if you want it?

That would be great miniyazz, ive sent my details in trust. Its much appreciated

guys, i know you are helping eachother out and that its in team spirit, but please try to keep deals in the MM if you can.

i will let this one slide but bear it in mind in future :)

Associate
Still need to get back in that top 10 D:

However I do have a nice shiny 970 in my rig at the moment. Having to turn my rig off when I'm out really is killing my folding tho, maybe I should start folding on the i3's at college ;)

Associate
Hard to keep up with all that is going on!
Mega tiffies appearing regularly:eek: Well done chaps.:cool:
Fighting a losing battle to maintain my position with miniyazz , NightmareXX, ReaVerUK & rincin all due to stomp me in the next 10 weeks:( Not helped by too many Seti units to crunch before deadline hits.
A 460 is looking more tempting:) Maybe one of these?http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-099-MS&groupid=701&catid=56&subcat=1830
Or would I be just as well with a 768MB version @ the lower price?

Back
Top Bottom