Why are modern car adverts so tame & soulless?

Soldato
OP
[TW]Fox;18017091 said:
Your example is pathetic.

Powersliding is a lack of grip anyway, demonstrating lack of grip isn't a safety thing.

Demonstrating the car having predictable handling is though, thus behind able to easily control the slide is a handling thing and thus is a safety thing

Soldato
The reason these ad's don't happen/flout the rules is because the boadrooms of these companies are filled with men in their mid-50's who are held responsible for the brand image. This is what they care about, not about selling a couple of more motors and the ad men who value their massive contracts understand that. They will do anything to protect that brand, simple as that. Court appearences do nnot do that, neither does having your car associated with baying 17-year old louts. They want middle-aged people with money to want their cars, due to the fact they and not the 'yoofs' can afford the cars in question.

Man of Honour
Demonstrating the car having predictable handling is though, thus behind able to easily control the slide is a handling thing and thus is a safety thing

I give up, you just post rubbish almost all the time. This thread is just one example of that.

Everyone else - look out for his posts elsewhere before you flame me for this, because almost every time he posts it's some sort of ridiculous everything is black and white statement that makes me look like the most tolerant person on the planet.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;18017046 said:
Thats why you are driving taxi's not working in marketing :p

ffs my ideas would make even vectras desirable

in regards to above though, Fox is the voice of reason and sense though.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;18016888 said:
It's common in every thread he posts in - he'll challenge even the most fundamental of conventions with just 'Well thats stupid they can do it this way'. Even if its a thread on nuclear power stations or something.

Dont I know it! He'd often argue with me on the finer details of a nuclear station with nothing nore than hyperbole and conjecture.

The nuclear stuff he regurgitates that is yet to have real world application is awesome.

Soldato
Imagine this ...
Car is following a truck carrying gravel/snow/whatever
Truck suddenly dumps the stuff on a bend, car end up sliding ... but the driver controls it thus demonstrating how good handling is an important safety feature

What do you know, you just did a powerslide and did so in the name of safety

Most exciting advert... never?

Would be more of an advert for the tyres to be honest and then if such an event did happen but the driver crashed no doubt some hot shot lawyer would be making claims as the UK follow the litigation examples we see in the US.

Soldato
Imagine this ...
Car is following a truck carrying gravel/snow/whatever
Truck suddenly dumps the stuff on a bend, car end up sliding ... but the driver controls it thus demonstrating how good handling is an important safety feature

What do you know, you just did a powerslide and did so in the name of safety

Lucozade did something like this but it involved and old car and a deer :)

Lum

Lum

Soldato
If you want to watch a fast car powersliding while being chased by an army of bad guys then switch your TV over to Dave and wait for a repeat of Top Gear.

This thread feels like a dvdbunny thread.

Associate
I have been a bit more impressed with print recently, one of the recent Jaguar brochures shows hoonage
easton_03.jpg

and pretty sure there is similar in the 1Series M brochure

I'm unsure if those publications were for UK markets however

Back
Top Bottom