***The Official Gran Turismo 5 Thread***

Associate
On level 18 A-Spec and just starting on my b-spec. Any tips? Pretty annoying as they're crap at overtaking but as soon as they're ahead they're fine.

Basically making him use a very good car with max tyres allowed.

Dont push him too hard, reduce his speed when tricky parts of course pop up, always full pelt on straights (including the start) and give him best car possible.
Most of the time, i can get him in front, then browse the web or have a shower or just do anything else and check on him every now and again.
Perfect example is b spec level 18 jap championship, stick him in Mazda Furai, then leave him for 10-15mins and he laps them going as slow as he can.

Edit:
Remember to alter the gear ratio if you are using the full custom transmission, makes a hell of lot of difference.
If you do push him hard, do it early on as he will be less likely to make mistakes earlier in the race.

Last edited:
Soldato
Dont push him too hard, reduce his speed when tricky parts of course pop up, always full pelt on straights (including the start) and give him best car possible.
Most of the time, i can get him in front, then browse the web or have a shower or just do anything else and check on him every now and again.
Perfect example is b spec level 18 jap championship, stick him in Mazda Furai, then leave him for 10-15mins and he laps them going as slow as he can.

Yer once he's ahead I just "maintain speed" him every now and again. Just seems to be **** at getting in the front. He tends to turn in slow, hit the apex (well float near it) and then nail it and run wide :p

I don't dare put him in anything RWD and powerful yet :p

Associate
Yer once he's ahead I just "maintain speed" him every now and again. Just seems to be **** at getting in the front. He tends to turn in slow, hit the apex (well float near it) and then nail it and run wide :p

I don't dare put him in anything RWD and powerful yet :p

He still cant win British Lightweights in TVR nearly 500 bhp and the best car in that is 200-odd bhp Elise. FR is the TVR. Brit light is level 13, he's level 19. Jeessuss !!

Soldato
He still cant win British Lightweights in TVR nearly 500 bhp and the best car in that is 200-odd bhp Elise. FR is the TVR. Brit light is level 13, he's level 19. Jeessuss !!

Doing World Classics so I've trusted him with my 580bhp Shelby :o

Forgot to change the ratio's and he's on Sarthe and currently bouncing it of the limiter all the way down the straights! Have some mechanical sympathy man! :p

Associate
Doing World Classics so I've trusted him with my 580bhp Shelby :o

Forgot to change the ratio's and he's on Sarthe and currently bouncing it of the limiter all the way down the straights! Have some mechanical sympathy man! :p

Done that for the first time with Dodge Charger fully maxxed out and forgot to change ratio and he was on Monza. He was hitting the limiter before he hit the first corner. Instant restart !!

Associate
Just noticed that, after a win, you can now begin the same race immediately without having to exit and load it up again. Nothing major but much better for grinding :D

Soldato
So i will finally have this on Saturday (Xmas Day for people who may of forgotten) However it would appear im going to be stuck waiting for patches/installs and more patches Why must it tease me damit!!! /rant over

Soldato
w00t, just got the 1 million credits for the GTR Special event, took me 4 goes although the first 2 were because I wasn't sure if it stacked or not so got 6th in the first one, then 4th just to confirm, then went for the win but was 2 seconds off, couple more tweaks to the car and got 1st \o/

Best bit is I had the GT-R Concept from winning something or other so it only cost me ~70k credits in tuning :)

The rest of the events I need to buy cars for though :( :p

Soldato
Hmm, note to all, don't do an oil change on the fiat 500 after buying it for the first seasonal event as that'll give you 66bhp, 1 more than the limit :mad:

Back
Top Bottom