i just got dead space 2 but i'm so disappointed

Caporegime
Is Dead Space 2 a console port then on the PC? Can't think of another reason it would be so awkward to have proper bindings.

hahaha yes it's very much a console port, so much so vsync ****'s the mouse up.

Still it's better than Ds1 which seemed to use the mouse to emulate a joypad stick like, the old ps2 emulator games.

Associate
Ah jeez Gareth, I hoped you'd get a better response than that. :( I'm sure Dino means well, but it's still a cop-out as far as I'm concerned. It's not the result you hoped for, or the rest of us hoped for. Free stuff is a nice gesture, but it's just... stuff. That's just my opinion of course. I wish you all the best regardless though bud, whatever you decide to do next.

On a lighter note, it's great to see so many positive comments in this thread, aswell as numerous people working together to get this topic the attention it deserves. Great stuff, chaps. Also, kudos to Chuck for being remarkably understanding despite nearly all the gaming news sites referring to his petition as being started by Gareth. :p

Soldato
So they're this far down the console porting path that rebinding walk to left/right click is now impossible?

Surpising that ea are unable to do what Activisio nwere able t odo considering their constant bigging up of how great bf3 will be on the pc.

Well EA is just the publisher and it's Visceral Games who develop it.

Unless you mean get EA to whip them into action then I suppose you're right.

Soldato
Also, kudos to Chuck for being remarkably understanding despite nearly all the gaming news sites referring to his petition as being started by Gareth. :p

I'm sure we have cleared that little technicality up in here :)

Oh and go watch chucks 5 minute stand up routine on his site .... it well funny !.

Caporegime
Think we could raise that on here.... hmmm :(

I'd be up for some of that action. Pretty sure as a community we could raise it. In fact I would get sponsored to do something as well as donating.

In fact I have been meaning to have a clear out of pc stuff and I would gladly donate the proceeds to help Gareth.

Althought that would help Gareth out greatly, it;s still a cop out that the games developers don't help out other people like Gareth when it could be done so easily. :(

Soldato
I'd be up for some of that action. Pretty sure as a community we could raise it. In fact I would get sponsored to do something as well as donating.

In fact I have been meaning to have a clear out of pc stuff and I would gladly donate the proceeds to help Gareth.

Althought that would help Gareth out greatly, it;s still a cop out that the games developers don't help out other people like Gareth when it could be done so easily. :(

Let me speak to Special Effect and get back with info. I'm sure with a few fund raisers and giveaway's on here we could knock something up..

Soldato
Thinking about it, maybe we are jumping the gun slightly. It's late evening and the guy probably offered whatever he could to Gareth that he knew was possible to keep him happy until he gets into the office and says "guys, there is a huge amount of activity and pressure growing on this fix, we need to work it into a patch".

Under promise and over deliver? I hope so :)

Soldato
what i don't understand is if he as read this thread i clearly stated i can't use side buttons so why offer me a mouse like that

Indeed.

What I'm also unsure of is the mapping issue. Are you able to map any of the mouse buttons in a way that would enable you to play Dead Space 2, or would a patch still be necessary regardless of the mouse you used?

Associate
What I'm also unsure of is the mapping issue. Are you able to map any of the mouse buttons in a way that would enable you to play Dead Space 2, or would a patch still be necessary regardless of the mouse you used?

I think there's a good chance you've hit on the ultimate irony here. I can't see how a new mouse will help Gareth at all if he still can't use a mouse button to move forward.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Indeed.

left, middle right buttons can be remapped with any remapping programs but sometimes have issues, the 2 side buttons can be remapped with any remapping programs but i can't use them due to being on the side. the 2 extra buttons on top can't be remapped with any remapping problems. but they work in some games.

Last edited:
Associate
I wondered why the PC Games forum had over 1000 people viewing, I thought it was a random error. I just came on now and there are over 900, 800 of which are guests - I'm assuming this thread is a big part of it, I hope it works for you :)

Soldato
Gareth just say something like:

"I appreciate the offer of the mouse, but I feel that it wouldn't be of much benefit to me due to the button layout, and the fact that I still wouldn't be able to map the keys for movement to the mouse. I also feel it would be no benefit to others in the same position as myself, which I also hope me speaking out could benefit too.

All I need is some way in the game for me to map my mouse buttons properly and this would allow me to play and enjoy the game I paid for. Please don't think I'm not thankful for the offer of the mouse, because I am, all I ask is for some support for binding mouse keys in the game, which could be patched in sometime in the future to help not only myself, but anyone else in a similar position to me."

Soldato
left, middle right buttons can be remapped with any remapping but sometimes have issues, the 2 side buttons can be remapped with any remapping but i can't use them due to being on the side. the 2 extra buttons on top can't be remapped with any remapping . but they work in some games.

Ah, okay, I see. So the switchover I'm going to attempt would be useful then. :)

In the case of Dead Space 2, is it that in-game the settings don't let you assign movement to the mouse buttons? Sorry to ask again, but my memory is terrible. >.<

Back
Top Bottom