*** Dell UltraSharp U2410 24" Widescreen LCD Monitor @ £447.99 inc VAT ***

Associate
I am looking to buy one of these U2410's but it is a Rev A01.... would that put me in high probability of it having trouble e.g. the tinting or other problems??

Would you guys recommend steering clear of an A01 Revision or take the plunge?

Soldato
I am looking to buy one of these U2410's but it is a Rev A01.... would that put me in high probability of it having trouble e.g. the tinting or other problems??

Would you guys recommend steering clear of an A01 Revision or take the plunge?

Depends on the price. You could always upgrade the firmware. Is it second hand? Can't you ask the buyer if it has issue if it is second hand?

Associate
Thanks for the quick reply.

Yeah it is second hand.
Price is less than £300.
The guy says he has not had issues, and is more of a gamer and so doesn't look for tinting type things.
I guess it would be more noticeable on a certain coloured background?

He got it as a refurbished unit, but states it is perfect....not sure...might give it a miss, refurbished is not my idea of quality....even if it is "cheap"

Out of interest, Is the Firmware upgrade difficult?
A board swap out or something??

Last edited:
Associate
Any one of you with the A05 monitors , could you go into the factory menu , and see what your firmware is ???

Mines M1F193

factory menu = switch off the monitor , press the menu and brightness buttons , and keep them pressed, switch on the monitor , the light will pulse up , when they reach the top , let go of the 2 buttons , let the screen come on , and just press menu , and in the top right hand side of the menu , you will see the firmware number ...

Many thanks

Soldato
Any one of you with the A05 monitors , could you go into the factory menu , and see what your firmware is ???

Mines M1F193

factory menu = switch off the monitor , press the menu and brightness buttons , and keep them pressed, switch on the monitor , the light will pulse up , when they reach the top , let go of the 2 buttons , let the screen come on , and just press menu , and in the top right hand side of the menu , you will see the firmware number ...

Many thanks

Mine says A05 on the box which was bought from a very famous site in Sheffield recently.

Afraid i cant get the firmware number as i cant seem to replicate what you've done to get this.

Last edited:
Associate
Dell U2410 - How to access the Service Menu

To activate factory menu, turn off your monitor. Then hold second and forth button(counting from the top), and while holding press the power button. The led will start turning on from the bottom. Once the leds are all on press the first button(the blue factory menu should be opened by now, if not try press the top button again).

tag: Dell U2410 Service Menu

Associate
I'm starting to get itchy as I've had my 2407WFP since 2006 but there is a voice inside my head saying wait wait!

I noticed the screen tearing quite badly in the middle the otherday when I was playing Divinity 2

Permabanned
I'm starting to get itchy as I've had my 2407WFP since 2006 but there is a voice inside my head saying wait wait!

I noticed the screen tearing quite badly in the middle the otherday when I was playing Divinity 2

I bought my U2410 after my 2407wfp died about 2 months ago (also purchased new in 2006 :( ).

Whilst I wasn't blow away by the difference in image quality the U2410's colours seem richer.

Reds are redder and blues are bluer...so on and so forth.

Gaming is great on the u2410 as it was on the 2407...no noticeable input lag or panel latency.

So to sum up...Yeah the U2410 is a fantastic monitor but just stick with the 2407 until it dies and you HAVE TO buy a new monitor

Associate
Anybody had a swap out done by dell recently, considering swapping the one i've got currently as its got a stuck pixel and a couple of thunderbugs stuck under the screen.

Just wondering if they are still sending out ropey replacement units.

Back
Top Bottom