• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

When the gtx590 and hd6990 out in uk?

Associate
hi

im in the process of building a gaming rig, and dont want to buy any gpu yet since the newer nvidia gtx590 and amd radeon hd 6990 are coming out. i have read around and have no info on when they are coming out; i do know nvidia are waiting for amd to release their gpu and amd are waiting for nvidia to release theirs. so does anybody know when they are coming out(and cost) also when will their special versions be out(like when asus oc's them and mods them e.g asus hd5970 ares or asus gtx580 ii) and price.

And in the case they will take a long time to come our, what card should i have untill they come out.

thanks

Associate
Do you think the release of these new cards will have any affect on the price of existing cards? For example, even though the price difference is so huge, would we see something like the 6970 coming down in price?

Associate
Do you think the release of these new cards will have any affect on the price of existing cards? For example, even though the price difference is so huge, would we see something like the 6970 coming down in price?

hmm it really does depend i reakon if the ati 6990 is over 500 quid i doubt it if its under 500 then they will but i wouldnt say by a large amount. i'm no expert thought just a guess

Soldato
probably would come down, by how much no clue. i wonder which prob be better, my gut says the ati 6990, but dont know. what do you reckon?

Gonna have to wait and see. My gut feeling is gtx 590.

It is being speculated in both cases that 6990 will consist of pair of underclocked 6970s and 590 will consist of pair of underclocked 580s. If this does come true then 590 will beat 6990 since 580 already have some margin lead over 6970.

But again this is just my guess aswell.

Associate
very close battle i dont reakon it will be over 5% difference both very high spec cards time will tell because i really couldnt guess it. neither will completely waste the other but the extra vram will help the ati 6990 at higher resolutions.

Associate
Well I think the 590 will probably be better but then it is apparently limited to 1000 so 6990 will be a lot cheaper/easier to get hold of.

Soldato
very close battle i dont reakon it will be over 5% difference both very high spec cards time will tell because i really couldnt guess it. neither will completely waste the other but the extra vram will help the ati 6990 at higher resolutions.

Whats the amount of vram on gtx 590? 6990 has 4GB isn't it? Also if your main system ram is also 4GB, how will it affect the usage of system ram and general computing tasks?

Associate
the gtx 590 will have 3 gig ram well thats what sources say. both cards using 2- 8 pin adapters so both will be drawing a lot of power.... its going to be so close so so close

Associate
OP
but if you think about it, nvidia always come up best at tessellation, which is what dx11 is, i hope amd make a dramtic improvement over the 5970 and 6970. also you reckon any manufacter will make modded gpu e.g asus hd5970 ares or asus gtx580 ii

Associate
oh yeah definatly but the 5970 ares was about 1 grands worth of card when it first released i dont know now but i sure as hell wouldnt be buying it.

i've had ati for my last few cards and i loved my 5970 was hard to sell :( i'm not a fanboy of any company because competition is good.

but i secretly want the 590 to win as i'd like to go back to nvidia for a while but at the same time if they do win they will charge mercyless amounts of cash for that card :(

also the 4 gig on the ati 6990 is awesome and red matches my theme :p

i've been using my gtx 465 as a replacement for my 5970 and i'm really surprised by its performance.

Soldato
TBH I think any GTX590 worth having (not a pair of cut back GTX560's) might have to come from ASUS as a limited edition ARES type card.

Back
Top Bottom