Playstation 2 games coming to Android!

Soldato
nVidia confirms Sony's playstation suite is coming to tegra 2 devices (probably the official ones only)

...and the eventual addition of PlayStation 2 games! Oh yeah!

11x0311n6643r.jpg

http://www.engadget.com/2011/03/11/playstation-suite-coming-to-tegra-2-devices-ps2-games-coming-to/

(it's also becoming obvious NPG will run a locked down Android 2.3 build, thanks' nVidia :D)

:cool::eek::cool:

Soldato
Not really bothered about this to be fair, the only games I can play on my phone are Angry Birds and Air Hockey. Tried Mario but it feels horrible pressing buttons and using a d-pad which aren't there. God knows how they'll fit all the buttons on a phone screen.

GeX

GeX

Soldato
...and the eventual addition of PlayStation 2 games! Oh yeah!

but not really;

Update: Upon further investigation, we've been unable to confirm the claim about PS2 games being on Sony's PS Suite roadmap. Android and Me reports it to have come from NVIDIA, but the original Tegra Zone post makes no reference to PS2 games. We've updated the post to reflect this.

and..

(it's also becoming obvious NPG will run a locked down Android 2.3 build, thanks' nVidia :D)

:cool::eek::cool:

What has nVidia got to do with the NGP? It runs with an SGX543MP4+

Soldato
Not really bothered about this to be fair, the only games I can play on my phone are Angry Birds and Air Hockey. Tried Mario but it feels horrible pressing buttons and using a d-pad which aren't there. God knows how they'll fit all the buttons on a phone screen.

Agreed, imo smartphones are a poor platform for all but the very simplest of games. A touchscreen can never come close to replacing a controller.

Soldato
OP

Wii remote? or maybe future support for a PS3 wireless controller? :p It's probably more relevant for tablets, gaming phones (xperia play) and gaming tablets (NGP)

Bummer about the update :o:(

Still, it's only a matter of time until you can download GTA, MGS3, God of war 2 direct to your tablet/gaming phone etc :p

What has nVidia got to do with the NGP? It runs with an SGX543MP4+

Nothing to do with hardware, that tegra zone article more or less confirms the Android based ecosystem. (They probably have access to the game dev NGPs Sony sent out a while back?)

NGP, which will play PS3 quality games, Android games and apps. The lines of portable gaming are blurring.. etc

Soldato
Could be interesting if the NGP does indeed run Android 2.3, it would have to be seriously locked down to prevent rooting and custom ROM's etc or they piracy could end up worse than the PSP.

AGD

AGD

Soldato
Well I might get an xperia play just for crash bandicoot and ff7. That would be amazing! PS2 games will be along on playstation suite eventually but not for a while yet.

Back
Top Bottom