ITV 4

The Rest

Paris SG v Benfica, (agg 1-2), L2, 18:00
Spartak Moscow v Ajax, (agg 1-0), L2, 18:00 ITV 4
Zenit St Petersburg v FC Twente, (agg 0-3), L2, 18:00
FC Porto v CSKA Moscow, (agg 1-0), L2, 20:05
Villarreal v Bayer Leverkusen, (agg 3-2), L2, 20:05 ESPN

Draw

The draws for the quarter-finals and semi-finals of both competitions will take place on Friday 18 March

The UEFA Champions League draw will be at 11:00 GMT British Eurosport, Sky Sports News and Radio 5 Live
The UEFA Europa League draw will follow at 12:00 GMT British Eurosport

Soldato
Would love Lyon to knock RM out - but cant see it happening.

Copenhagen are already out bar the shouting lol

Are Inter capable of scoring 2 away from home, while not conceeding - I doubt it somehow.

Are Marseille capable of winning at OT (or even a score draw) - most definitely, but it depends on which Utd team is available and turns up on the day. Im really hoping for Utd to get through but Ive got a horrendous feeling about this match (given who's on Utd's injury list).

Soldato
Was hoping Man City would atleast get to the Semi's. Can't see them scoring three goals without conceding.

A little worried about United, Marseille were the better team in the first leg but then again, utd have always played poor away this season. Valancia to start maybe? He looked good against Arsenal.

Any news on Anderson, Nani and Park?

Soldato
I am still dubious about these Carrick and Fletcher injuries, there doesnt seem to be any information about them at all (from waht I can see anyway)

Really hope Valencia starts on Tuesday, but may be its a little soon to expect that but depending on how the match is going, I dont see why he shouldnt get a 1/2 at least.

Would love Park to be fit, but again possibly not until the weekend. Havent heard much about when Ando will be back. Rumours that Nani will be back for Bolton but Im not holding my breath

Soldato
I am still dubious about these Carrick and Fletcher injuries, there doesnt seem to be any information about them at all (from waht I can see anyway)

Really hope Valencia starts on Tuesday, but may be its a little soon to expect that but depending on how the match is going, I dont see why he shouldnt get a 1/2 at least.

Would love Park to be fit, but again possibly not until the weekend. Havent heard much about when Ando will be back. Rumours that Nani will be back for Bolton but Im not holding my breath

What injuries are Carrick/Fletcher carrying, or is it one of them keep stump till the day and announce they're both playing?

Soldato
What injuries are Carrick/Fletcher carrying, or is it one of them keep stump till the day and announce they're both playing?

Exactly - yesterday SAF said they were both injured which was why Utd had such a bizarre central midfield against Arsenal

I guess we will know on Tuesday lol

Soldato
Carrick and Fletcher may have just been dropped due to their under par performances as of late. If they are injured I reckon we'll line up like this on Tuesday;

GK: VDS

RB: Rafael
CB: Smalling
CB: Vidic
LB: Evra

RM: Valencia
CM: O'Shea
CM: Scholes
LM: Giggs

CF: Rooney
CF: Berbatov

Subs: PIG, Brown, Fabio, Gibson, Obertan, Hernandez, King

Got a horrible feeling that'll end up 1-1 and we go out on away goals. Games against French teams tend to be tight affairs

Caporegime
Can't help but feel that lineup would get whipped. It would look more like a 4-3-3/4-5-1 With Giggs, Scholes and O'**** as a 3 man midfield. Giggs and Scholes together lack people to close down, tackle, stop their midfielders running the game.

I'm starting to think we should play Rooney in midfield.

Soldato
he seemed alright for 45 minutes so i guess you put him on for an hour and see how he goes. he seems a naturally fit type and he's been training for a long time so he might be. We kind of have to try him to be honest.

Back
Top Bottom