PS3 : Crysis 2 MP demo up on the US store, (UK store tomorrow)

Cheers, can I use this on my main PSN account or will I have to make a new one and sign in etc.? Also, you playing the demo yet? I want to hear opinions!

You have to make new acc, you just go create new user on the xmb menu and then sign up for a new acc stating that your location is the U.S, call it buchtisUSA or whatever, once this is done you can access the U.S store and download demos, once it's started downloading you can switch back to your main acc and play it on there.

I've only done a few rounds so far but it's enjoyable, I played quite a lot of the PC version and tbh apart from the lower resolution and frame-rate they look very similar, if your into twitch shooters you should like this, the pier17 map is pretty cool so try voting for that one when you get the chance.

Last edited:
ummm, upon further playing it seems to have quite noticeable frame-rate dips which didn't feel as apparent on the 360 demo, not such a big issue for SP but in MP it's a bit of a pain, in terms of the GFX,

360 resolution : 720x1280

Ps3 resolution : 720x1024

Not a big difference but the PS3 version does look a little blurrier, texture pop-in seems to be much less in the PS3 version at least.

Still enjoying pier17 map but I must admit I am enjoying this much more on the PC due to the better frame-rate.

Last edited:
Associate
ummm, upon further playing it seems to have quite noticeable frame-rate dips which didn't feel as apparent on the 360 demo, not such a big issue for SP but in MP it's a bit of a pain, in terms of the GFX,

360 resolution : 720x1280

Ps3 resolution : 720x1024

Not a big difference but the PS3 version does look a little blurrier, texture pop-in seems to be much less in the PS3 version at least.

Still enjoying pier17 map but I must admit I am enjoying this much more on the PC due to the better frame-rate.

Don't forget the PS3 version has no anti aliasing either! :p

Caporegime
But lowrider007 Crytek assured us only a month ago that they would be identical? ;)

Camarillo went on to say there'd be no difference in quality between the PS3 version of Crysis 2 and the Xbox 360 one, which has seen a pre-release demo.

"People can try to find [disparities], but they won't find anything. They both run great, they both play great whether you're playing single-player or multiplayer - they're identical offerings. The quality is outstanding on both of them; there's really no difference."
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/289660/news/ps3-players-can-probably-hope-for-crysis-2-demo/

ps3ud0 :cool:

Soldato
Just looked at the comparison on lensoftruth. The xbox version looks much better. I have the PC demo and the Xbox 360 demo. I'll get the PS3 demo tomorrow and see for myself.

Associate
I can't get into any games. It just sticks at Searching then kicks me out and says there's a problem with my network connection. It's definitely not my that as I can access the web browser on the PS3.

Soldato
I can't get into any games. It just sticks at Searching then kicks me out and says there's a problem with my network connection. It's definitely not my that as I can access the web browser on the PS3.

I had that issue this afternoon, but after retying a few times I got a game.. Not the best matchmaking ever and suffered lagg

Soldato
It took me quite a few tries to get into a game as well, when I did I was not impressed tbh, gfx look terrible, and its just another fps with a futuristic look to it, I'm not a massive fan of small maps and much prefer the openness of battlefield.

Might pick this up for the Sp once its cheap.

Back
Top Bottom