My 'Complaint' to McDonalds

Soldato
What do people think of my 'complaint' I sent in to McDonald's. I haven't had a McDonald's in so long and they messed up my order a little bit, so I thought I would say something... in a nice way!
What are you realistically hoping to achieve by sending this email?

Some vouchers? Awesome. The time you spent writing the email will have been worth more than a few vouchers for free items; the kind that McDonald's are throwing hundreds of thousands about for free everyday as part of their monopoly scheme.

Soldato
We have LOADS of these and never use them :( Sometimes use the Free Smoothie ones :)
mcdsmall.jpg

Now if they were for Chik-fil-a......... they'd be gone :D

Associate
saw a complaint letter to a McDonald's a couple of weeks back, they hadn't received all their items when they ordered from the drive thru, not only had they had a 40 minute round trip, spent £20 and not got what they wanted... they had to send their kids to school without breakfast. :eek:

Soldato
saw a complaint letter to a McDonald's a couple of weeks back, they hadn't received all their items when they ordered from the drive thru, not only had they had a 40 minute round trip, spent £20 and not got what they wanted... they had to send their kids to school without breakfast. :eek:
And I bet the McDonald's UK chief executive will still be claiming his bonus this year!!!!1 SCUM!! :mad: :mad:

Soldato
I tried to complain once, over the phone. My Fruit Polos had no tinfoil bit and were bonded to the paper wrapping.

Was at school at the time and I tried my best but could not help but burst out laughing. The sheer principle of complaining about a 25pence pack of Polos was laughable and the woman on the end of the phone was so serious about it.

Associate
Seriously ??

Why didn't you just take it back and ask them to swap it ?

"excuse me i asked for a 1/4 pounder delux with bacon and this one hasn't got bacon"

"ok have this one instead then. sorry about that"

Problem solved

but instead you .... take pictures ... and email them ??

Dude get help.

Why bother going back at all if its a trek away in the car?

If the OP changes his email around a bit and deletes some of the apologies then he'll get to eat the burger he took home with him and will most likely get some free vouchers.

Soldato
I sometimes think about complaining to these places but wonder if it's really worth my time. Last week I got rather miffed at walking into KFC, and no sooner had I set foot in the door did the girl behind the counter charge to the desk yelling "'URRY UP AM GOIN 'OME IN 2 MINUTES"! I stood there purposely taking my time, just to annoy her. Even then the order came out wrong, dozy bint.

If I'd done that to a customer in my shop I'd probably be shot for it :p

Soldato
If the OP changes his email around a bit and deletes some of the apologies then he'll get to eat the burger he took home with him and will most likely get some free vouchers.
...but the time and effort he went to writing that email, taking the photos, uploading the photos to his computer, sending the email then cross-posting it here on the forum is worth far more than a few free McDonald's vouchers? :confused:

Associate
...but the time and effort he went to writing that email, taking the photos, uploading the photos to his computer, sending the email then cross-posting it here on the forum is worth far more than a few free McDonald's vouchers? :confused:

Personally, id rather take the time it took to do what the OP done excluding making a post on a forum. If i could get free vouchers next time i go to McDonalds and just deal with whatever they gave me when i got home then i dont really see a need to go back and get it changed.

although if i wasnt far away or still in McDonalds i'd probably just get it changed.

but i've not eaten a McDonalds in years and probably wont ever again :p

Soldato
If we are on complaint letters.. here was mine to Players in Sheffield

Quote:
Players Bar Sheffield
125-127 West Street
Sheffield
South Yorkshire
S1 4ER

To the Manager

I am writing in order to bring to your attention the recent sub-par evening I was unfortunate enough to be party to at your fine establishment.

The point at which things turned sour occurred some 30 minutes after entering the premises and was largely due to the overreaction of one of your members of staff. Note that when I say ‘largely’, I mean entirely. Also note that I use the term ‘member of staff’ in the generic sense as it was unclear as to whether the individual was employed directly by your business or hired through a contract/agency. It also contains the word ‘member’ which I feel accurately describes the individual in question.

The incident played out as follows: It was not a busy night and myself and an associate were talking. A playful shove was administered in his direction, entirely in good nature. I did not ask him but I am sure he would have agreed to it had I sought his permission beforehand. In fact, I am confident he would sign a disclaimer to show his prior approval, post-dated. Permission issues aside, he unfortunately tripped over an object behind him and briefly fell to the ground. He has trouble with his legs. They’re bowed.

It was at this point, a bouncer, clearly under some sort of power trip mindset, accosted both myself and my associate and dragged us outside using significantly undue force and was unnecessarily violent towards us. To further add insult to injury, said bouncer also (laughably) implied that he actually owned the establishment we had been ejected from, referring to it as “his bar”. As annoyed as I was at the situation, I didn’t feel it was appropriate to argue semantics at that moment in time but for the record, just, no. Really, no.

I have witnessed many almost identical situations in various other venues in and outside of Sheffield and bouncers have never acted in such a manner. They have responded in a calm, professional way and assessed the situation on its individual merits. One might even go as far as decided to use even go want to do look more like. Common sense and the capability of rational thought was clearly something that had escaped our dear friend in this instance.

In conclusion, I wish to reclaim my entry fee in full on the grounds that I was ejected and injured unfairly in this incident.

I wish to also make you aware that I intend to pursue this matter further. By that I mean, I am fully prepared to go to the extent of pretending to boycott your place of business and being unduly smug about it for two reasons:

1) It will give me a sense of self satisfaction and give me a chance to complain endlessly about this, the most severe case of injustice I have ever experienced.
2) Actually boycotting your business will achieve nothing beyond inconveniencing myself as you will continue to make money from all the other people who are happy to spend some or all of their nights out there.

I would also put forward a claim for emotional distress, loss of earnings and personal injury but I am not emotionally distressed, have lost no earnings and sustained no lasting injured. Also, I really cannot be bothered.

tl;dr Got kicked out, moaning about it.

Regards

Did you get a refund?

Back
Top Bottom