Shoes on / Shoes off

Soldato
Really important question:

Do you wear shoes around your own home?

When you go to somebody else's house, do you take off your shoes as a courtesy.

Just curious because i think we all do it without thinking about it, but in other cultures its very deliberate (as in, to not trample over fine persian rugs)

Associate
lol first thing i thought off when i was this was wax on/waxoff :p :D

and my name is daniel as well... :p

but yeh... definitely shoes off when walking around house and somebody elses house

Soldato
Off at home, depends on host. If I'm going round someones for a nice meal/houseparty etc then shoes on, if I'm going over to slob out in front of the tv then shoes off:)

Associate
yeah and i hate those people who when you go to there house you take your shoes off, but when they at yours, the come in from the rain with there bloody shoes on and trample all over your cream carpets.

god I hate those people, i have to go get the rug doctor to do them like once every 3 months

btw, normally other side of the family so dont feel i can say anything

Capodecina
Soldato
I do what people do in their own houses.

But in my own flat, shoes are definitely off. There is so much gunk and horridness in the street, I'm not having it dragged inside.

Soldato
Always on. I hate it when people ask you to take your shoes off. I find it rude. Obviously if they are dirty fair enough but if they are clean wtf?!

Permabanned
I dislike taking my shoes off, I'd probably find some excuse for not visiting their house.

Given the unexpected joys of cold cat sick between my toes, at home I wear slippers (except for that one occasion obviously)

Associate
lol first thing i thought off when i was this was wax on/waxoff :p :D
You were not alone! :)

Same for me: off at home, whatever the host does elsewhere. I will actually consider it a little weird and overfamiliar if someone I didn't know too well too their shoes off in my house without me asking them to! :p I appreciate the sentiment of not wanting to get my floor muddy, and I do sometimes ask people to do it, but only if I know them fairly well - you have to be one of my closest and dearest for me to choose inhaling your foot fungus over a few bootprints on my floor! :p

Back
Top Bottom