****The Official Samsung Galaxy S II Thread***

Associate
Connected to kies and installing update now. Its a pain in the backside that kies for mac does not support this phone though, had to borrow brothers pc, will be interesting to see if anything has changed

Associate
doing the firmware upgrade now, i hear there was a option to give more power to the wifi on the samsung galaxy s which is non existent on the s2, hope i get it on this upgrade.

Associate
lol dll load fail, this happened just after drivers finished installing....hmm i thought all the driver install crap gets done the first time you connect it to your pc

or maybe its because im doing it through my brand new desk cradle

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Firmware update...

New boot screen, and Samsung have fixed the rubbish Lockscreen and its much more responsive.

Thats all I've seen so far. :p

The phone now wakes instantly, hurrah!

Last edited:
Associate
Hmm, updating at the moment, but it downloaded all the firmware, the phone began to reboot, just as 'Downloading...... Do not turn off target!!!' appeared Kies gave out a DLL load fail message, clicked OK and the phones still sat there while Kies is back to its regular screen :/

Kies is saying device not responding, to resolve reboot the device, I'm seriously scared to reboot it though, wonder if it's still doing something...

Associate
Even though Kies appears to be doing nothing at all on my PC, the area that gets warm under load by the camera is warm so I'll give it a while before I try rebooting it.

How long did it sit on the 'Downloading......Do not turn off target!!' screen for others?

Back
Top Bottom